Macy's Beauty Box Review - October 2018


All About Eyes

This is a review for a monthly cosmetic subscription box from Macy's for $15 a month. It comes with a coupon for $5 off any beauty products on their website or in the store. This month's box features products for the eyes with a bonus of two perfume samples. All subscribers receive the same products. The retail value of this box is $54.00 not including the coupon or the makeup bag. Included this month were the following products:
  1. Girlactik - New Precise Marker Eye Liner, made in Germany, .041 fl. oz. full size, $20.00 retail value
  2. Calvin Klein - Women Eau de Parfum, made in France, .04 fl. oz., $1.24 retail value
  3. Calvin Klein - Eternity for Men Eau de Parfum, made in France, .04 fl. oz., $1.52 retail value
  4. Lancôme - Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara, made in France, .06 fl. oz.,  $4.54 retail value
  5. Bare Minerals - Prime Time Eyelid Primer, made in the USA, .05 fl. oz., $9.50 retail value
  6. Philosophy - New Purity Eye Gel, made in the USA, .1 oz., $4.80 retail value
  7. Estée Lauder - New Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex Synchronized Recovery, made in the USA, .1 oz. $12.40 retail value
  8. $5 Coupon
I've received a sample of a lipstick from the brand Girlactik before and hated it, so I'm not sure if I even want to try this sample. I've received so many liquid eyeliners lately, I have many waiting in line to try. My eyes are very sensitive so I'm very cautious when it comes to trying new eye products. I checked their website for the ingredient list since Macy's doesn't offer that information and it has parabens in it so I'll skip this one. Calvin Klein perfume is so 80's to me, I'm not a fan. The Eternity for Men has top notes of mandarin, lavender and green botanics. Middle notes are basil, geranium, and sage and the base notes are sandalwood, rosewood, and amber. I only smell the sandalwood mind you I have a cold so my nose isn't working well. Hubby smells the sandalwood and basil. Women is a sophisticated and confident woody floral perfume with top notes of eucalyptus and acorns with a middle note of orange flower. Its bottom note is Alaskan cedarwood. It smells mostly like a floral mixed with cedar to me. I'm not a fan of either of the perfumes and they certainly don't smell as expensive as they are. I've tried Bare Minerals' Eyelid Primer before while it works ok, my favorite is Urban Decay's. The Philosophy Eye Gel looks like a light cream but goes on like a gel and it sinks into the skin quickly. Only .1 of an ounce is not enough for me to tell over time if it works. My favorites are Wei East's Eyes Alive and Tatcha's Eye Cream. The Estée Lauder Night Repair Eye Complex goes on quickly even though it's a bit thicker than the Philosophy Eye Gel and it leaves the skin really smooth and soft. I like it though again I don't think only .1 of an ounce is enough to tell if it makes a difference. I'm pretty sure I have received a sample of Lancôme's Monsieur Mascara before and it wasn't a memorable experience. I tend to reach for Bare Minerals' mascara or a drugstore brand since they don't irritate my eyes and flake less. The sturdy makeup bag is made of faux leather with a zipper closure and on the back, it says "All About Eyes". It would be good to hold smaller cosmetics or long & skinny items like liners and brushes.

While the retail value of this one is quite high coming in at $54, it is one of my least favorite boxes from Macy's. The eye moisturizers and primer are too small and I really dislike the Girlactik brand. I'll skip the perfumes and the eyeliner and use the rest. What's your favorite product this month? Mine is the Estée Lauder Eye Complex.

Check out my reviews of the previous Macy's Beauty Boxes:

September 2018 $46.74 retail value
August 2018 $35.02 retail value
July 2018 $67.18 retail value
June 2018 $44.43 retail value
May 2018 $43.95 retail value
April 2018 $43.24 retail value
December 2017 $63.14 retail value
November 2017 $38.21 retail value
October 2017 $55.97 retail value
September 2017 $31.84 retail value
August 2017 $35.36 retail value

Also, check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to compare it to Macy's Beauty Box and check out my Macy's Beauty Box Pinterest Board. In addition, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. 

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates Cash Back from Macy's

I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin'Networked Blogs and Facebook. Be a pal and share this post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Have a PEACEful Day!





No comments