Macy's Beauty Box Review - June 2018


Macy's June Beauty Subscription Box


This is a review of a monthly cosmetic subscription box from Macy's for $15 per month including shipping. The approximate retail value for the June box is $44.43 not including the $5 coupon and the cosmetic bag. For June, I received the following products:
  1. Sunday Riley - C.E.O. Rapid Flash Brightening Serum, made in the USA, .17 oz., $14.45 retail value
  2. Marc Jacobs - Daisy Love Eau de Toilette Spray, made in France, .04 fl. oz., $1.97 retail value
  3. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask, made in China, 1 oz., $9.81 retail value
  4. Coola - Sport Classic Sunscreen Fresh Mango Moisturizer SPF 50, made in the USA, .34 oz., $ 2.17 retail value
  5. Smashbox - Super Fan Mascara, made in Italy, .2 oz. approximate, $11.51 approximate retail value
  6. Vita Liberata - Body Blur Instant HD Skin Finish, made in the UK, .34 oz. $4.52 retail value
  7. $5 coupon for beauty products at Macy's
I love Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume, to me it smells similar to Chanel. Their new  Daisy Love scent is different. It's described as a warm floral with notes of crystallized cloudberries, daisy tree petals, cashmere musks and driftwood. It smells nice, but not one of my favorites. I really enjoy Peter Thomas Roth's masks. This one is very cooling, be sure to put it in the refrigerator to chill it even more prior to use. It goes on clear and it's no where near as sticky as most masks. It almost feels like a serum and it sinks into the skin quickly. It only takes a few seconds to dry and it leaves your skin feeling moisturized. Since it has aloe in it, it would be fabulous, if you had sunburn on your face. I'm disappointed and surprised it's made in China. It's also easy to wash off, which I really appreciate. I'm not a fan of Coola sunscreens. I prefer to use Bare Minerals powder foundation with SPF since my skin is so sensitive. I haven't tried the new Smashbox Super Fan Mascara yet since I have others waiting in line. I wish the cosmetic subscription boxes would slow down on the liners and mascaras and bring us some blushes and eye shadows instead. Vita Liberata is too dark for my very fair skin, I'll have to gift, sell or trade it. I love serums, since they are so easy to apply quickly. The Sunday Riley one is not clear like most serums, it's white. I don't like how it leaves a bit of stickiness, but it's very moisturizing. Perhaps, it's better for before bed rather than prior to makeup application. Wow, it's expensive coming in at $85 for only 1 ounce! 

This month isn't very exciting to me, I'll only be using four of the six samples. The cosmetic bag is nice and sturdy and waterproof, but I'm not crazy about the phrase "Friyay". It's better than their competition, Sephora, though. Did you get a box from them this month? If so, please comment below your thoughts on what they sent us. If you don't subscribe, why?

Check out my reviews of the previous Macy's Beauty Boxes:

May 2018 $43.95 retail value
April 2018 $43.24 retail value
December 2017 $63.14 retail value
November 2017 $38.21 retail value
October 2017 $55.97 retail value
September 2017 $31.84 retail value
August 2017 $35.36 retail value

Also, check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to compare it to Macy's Beauty Box and check out my Macy's Beauty Box Pinterest Board. In addition, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. 

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates Cash Back from Macy's

Be a pal and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here:

Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!


2 comments

Anonymous said...

The Sunday Riley serum is fantastic!!! So effective. Keep using it and see for yourself.

Wendy Webster said...

Thanks for the review, I will.