Macy's May Beauty Box
This is a review of the monthly beauty subscription box from Macy's. In my May box I received the following products:
- IT Cosmetics - Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil in Universal Taupe, made in Korea, .0018 oz, $7.71 retail value
- Benefit Cosmetics - BAD gal Bang! 36 Hour Full Blast Volumizing Mascara, made in France, .1 oz., $8 retail value
- Dermablend Glow Creator Multi-use Liquid Highlighter, .13 fl. oz., $8.58 retail value
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer, made in China, .11 oz, $10.31 retail value
- NUDESTIX Nudies Glow All Over Face Color in Illumi-naughty, made in Korea, .06 oz, $6.42 retail value
- Dolce & Gabbana Dolce Garden Eau de Parfum, made in France, .05 fl. oz., $2.93 retail value
The retail value for this month's box is $43.95 which is a pretty good bargain. I received the IT Cosmetics Eyebrow Pencil previously in a Boxy Charm box, but it was full size. This smaller version would be great for travel. I was skeptical that the Universal Taupe color would work for my dark blonde eyebrows, but it actually does. You just apply a little less pressure. It's quite easy to use and it doesn't take long to apply. I haven't tried the Benefit Mascara yet since I have several other mascara samples that I'm trying right now. The Dermablend Liquid Highlighter is a bronze color that would look great with a tan. I'm not sure it looks ok on fair skin. It's very pretty, but quite noticeable. It's a metallic with tiny flecks of glitter that sparkle. The NUDESTIX highlighter is better for fair skin. It goes on a bit oily which I'm not crazy about. I don't tend to use bronzers since I find they look like dirt on my extremely fair skin. So I'm not going to bother trying it. The Dolce Garden Perfume is nice, but not really my cup of tea. It's described as warm florals with hints of Frangipani Flower, Coconut Essence and Ylang-Ylan. The cosmetic bag is pretty and quite sturdy. I didn't include it in the retail value of the box.
So what do you think of this month's samples? I'm not really excited about anything this month. I guess the best thing for me is the mascara. The item I'm least excited about is the bronzer, that will be a giveaway, traded or sold.
Check out my reviews of the previous Macy's Beauty Boxes:
April 2018 $43.24 retail value
December 2017 $63.14 retail value
November 2017 $38.21 retail value
October 2017 $55.97 retail value
September 2017 $31.84 retail value
August 2017 $35.36 retail value
Also, check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to compare it to Macy's Beauty Box and check out my Macy's Beauty Box Pinterest Board. In addition, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years.
Mr. Rebates - Cash Back from Macy's
Be a pal and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here: Tweet
Have a PEACEful Day!