Green Blender 3rd Delivery & 20% Off Coupon


Rambutan Lavender Lemonade


Ingredients (click on photos to enlarge)


Creamy Orange Rhubarb


Pineapple Charcoal Detox


Ingredients


Green Garbanzo


Ingredients


Key Lime Pie & Free Metal Straw


Ingredients


This is a review of a weekly, organic smoothie subscription box called Green Blender for $49. It includes five recipes and all the necessary ingredients to make two servings of five different smoothies. Save $20 a month by paying for four boxes (1 month) in advance for $176. Save $120 by paying for twelve boxes (3 months) in advance for $468. Price per smoothie ranges from $3.90 to $4.90 depending on which of the three plans you subscribe to. 

This is our third week of smoothies and we are really enjoying these healthy ingredients and yummy recipes. I can't believe we are already done with our fourth week of smoothies. It's gone by so fast that I'm behind on my reviews. In this box they sent us two complimentary, reusable metal straws. That was a nice surprise. The calorie range this week was from 85 to 185. I used our Blentec blender to make all five smoothies shown above. Somehow I managed to forget to take a photo of the ingredients for the Creamy Orange Rhubarb, but the rest are shown above. My favorite recipe for the week is the Rambutan Lavender Lemonade, it was scrumptious. What I do when the box arrives is separate all the ingredients by recipe and place them in five green bags. I saved the green bags from my Plated subscription box and reuse them. I look at all five recipes' ingredients and decide the order in which I will make them based on their ripeness. If the produce is ready eat, I'll make that the first recipe and if something needs more time to ripen, I'll make that the last recipe. I number them on my recipe card and place the green bags in order in the refrigerator. I also leave unripe produce out on the counter to ripen while those that are ripe go in the refrigerator. Once I had a very ripe banana I wasn't able to use right away, so I peeled it and put it in the freezer. Organizing the produce as soon as the box arrives makes it easier and faster to make a smoothie in the morning when I'm grumpy and hungry. I find it's very easy to make these smoothies part of my breakfast routine since it takes very little time to make them when you organize them in advance. If you wanted to cut down on that time even more, you could wash all the produce in advance too.

Rambutan Lavender Lemonade

Oh me oh my, this was so incredibly delicious. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I absolutely love lavender in my drinks, so I couldn't wait to make this one. Ingredients are zucchini, honeydew, grapes, rambutan, lemon, lavender, maqui berry, water and ice. That was the first time I had eaten rambutan and they are quite strange looking. You'll need to cut them open and pull out the center and then remove the pit in the center of the clear fruit. I hope we get these again since these not available at our local grocery stores. This one had only 85 calories! So low in calories yet such a strong awesome flavor! I plan to make this one again, but I'll have to skip the rambutan since I can't find them locally. This recipe offers calming, immune boosting and detox benefits. Hubby & I both gave this recipe five out of five stars.

Creamy Orange Rhubarb

Hubby gave this one four out of five stars and I gave it three. I think it would have been better with the use of coconut water instead of water so it had more flavor. We had to share the can of coconut milk with two other recipes this week. So be sure to carefully look at the ingredient list in case you need to save some for another recipe. This one had 185 calories and it offers energy, beauty and immune boosting benefits. I accidentally forgot to take a picture of the ingredients, I must have been in a rush that morning to get everything separated, bagged and placed in the refrigerator. It included carrots, orange, rhubarb, maple syrup, almonds, coconut milk, water and ice.

Pineapple Charcoal Detox

I gave this recipe three out of five stars. I had never tried a smoothie with charcoal in it before, so that was very exciting to try. I think this one would have been better with the addition of some coconut water instead of just two tablespoons of coconut milk. This one had baby kale, pineapple, apple, flaxseed, activated charcoal, coconut milk, water and ice. It had 139 calories and it offers energy, detox and immune boosting benefits.

Green Garbanzo

This one included spinach, pear, cucumber, lemon, mint, garbanzo beans, hempseed, water and ice. The lemon was shared with one of the other recipes, so be sure to read the ingredient list prior to adding them to the blender in case you need to save some. I was a bit nervous about drinking a smoothie with garbanzo beans, but it was actually tasty. It caused gas and burping for a couple of hours though. One would think that the mint would have kept that from happening, but I do have a sensitive stomach. This one had 176 calories and it offers protein, energy, detox and immune boosting benefits.

Key Lime Pie

Who doesn't love key lime pie! I just knew I would enjoy this one for sure and I gave it four out of five stars. It included spring mix, bananas, key limes, mulberries, spirulina, coconut milk, water and ice. The bananas were wonderfully sweet, the key limes were full of flavor and the mulberries and coconut milk added more sweetness. It was a nice low calorie, healthy dessert. I had never tasted mulberries before, so I saved one of them to eat by itself. They are very sweet and they have a gummy texture in the middle. This recipe had 175 calories and it offers beauty, immune boosting and anti-inflammatory benefits. Definitely a smoothie worth repeating especially for those sweet tooth cravings.

It was another enjoyable week of smoothies. I just finished our forth week of smoothies today, so stay tuned for that review. We are expecting our 5th box on Thursday and it will include the following recipes:
  1. Green Apple Spice Protein
  2. Creamy Blueberry
  3. Ginger Rhubarb Cider
  4. Mini Pepper Popper
  5. Mangosteen Morning
Don't forget to enter my Green Blender Giveaway before you leave and be sure to browse around at my other posts. I have also reviewed Blue ApronGreen ChefHello FreshHome ChefPlatedSun Basket and Terra's Kitchen, so check those out. Stay tuned for my review of Marley Spoon which arrived today. Also, please share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking on the boxes below:


Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments