Terra's Kitchen 1st Delivery & $50 Coupon


Turkey Spinach Meatballs in Skinny Sunday Gravy


Ingredients (click on photos to enlarge)


Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado Goat Cheese Sauce


Ingredients


Grilled Sirloin, Dijon Shallot Smear & Asparagus Salad


Ingredients


This is a review of our first box from Terra's Kitchen, a weekly food subscription box. Check out my unboxing review which features their unique shipping vessel. This box cost $75.94 prior to our discount and FedEx shipping is free both ways. Their vessel needs to be returned so that it can be used again. We gave all three recipes four out of five stars. Recipes were suppose to take 25-30 minutes and they indeed did which was surprising since their competitors tend to be way off on the preparation time and they usually much longer than thirty minutes. Mind you this service does some of the preparation work for you so that saves quite a bit of time. We really appreciated that on days we were tired and wanted a quick recipe. We were impressed with the quality of the ingredients. It was a very enjoyable week of recipes!

Turkey Spinach Meatballs in Skinny Sunday Gravy

Hubby is not a fan of turkey yet he gave this recipe four out of five stars and I agreed! This was so tasty and we were sad when we were done. It's a recipe we plan to repeat soon. The sauce was so simple and easy to make yet so delicious. It would have been given five stars if there had been a side dish or it had been served on a bit of bow tie pasta though that would increase the calories. This recipe took about thirty minutes to prepare and it had 632 calories. 

Grilled Chicken Tacos with Avocado Goat Cheese Sauce

This is the recipe I was most excited about. Oh my was it scrumptious! Just thinking about it is making me hungry and I just ate a snack. This was our favorite of the three recipes. Who knew goat cheese and avocado together would be such a wonderful combination! We will definitely make this sauce again not only for tacos but as a delicious dip. We gave this recipe four out of five stars. We recommend the addition of fresh chopped cilantro on top with some finely diced jalapeño. Hubby used some red pepper olive oil to cook the chicken to add some additional spiciness. We would have liked more of the sauce, but I'm sure they wanted to keep down the calories. This recipe took about thirty minutes to prepare and it had only 439 calories which is crazy low considering the intense flavor. I didn't miss sour cream and usually I don't like tacos without it.

Grilled Sirloin, Dijon Shallot Smear & Asparagus Salad

I wasn't sure I would like the Dijon Shallot Smear since I'm not a big fan of mustard, but it was very enjoyable. The salad dressing was simply made with fresh mint, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper. I thought I wasn't going to like it, but it was so tasty and easy to make. I had never heard of eating uncooked asparagus before so I googled it to make sure I was reading the recipe correctly. Wow, it was actually tasty in the salad. Hubby wasn't crazy about it. The steak took longer than indicated on the recipe, but it still landed up coming in at thirty minutes preparation time. This recipe had only 368 calories, which is quite shockingly low considering it was filling and delicious. We both gave this recipe four out of five stars.

We found their shipping vessel, their recipes and ingredients very impressive and I'm happy I chose to give Terra's Kitchen a try. We look forward to our next box. Which of the three recipes look tastiest to you? If you would like to give this subscription a try, use my $50 coupon! If you do, I'd love to hear about your first box, so come on back and let me know.

Bargain Alert $40 off!

Share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking on boxes below:

Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments