Sistema Microwave Cookware Review - Quick & Easy Eggs



Sistema Microwave Cookware Easy Eggs


I cook for our dogs daily, so I searched for a quick and easy way to cook their eggs on days I don't have time to cook them in the skillet. The Nordic Ware Egg Poacher wasn't doing the trick because they would take the egg white out of their bowl and only eat the yolk. I searched for an alternative and found the Sistema Egg Cooker. It costs $6.99 at Amazon currently and it is BPA free, microwave & dishwasher safe. I like the little vent on the top, this way the eggs don't pop and splatter. 

I also wanted to add spinach and kale to their eggs and trick them into eating them. They won't eat them uncooked. I cook the fresh spinach and kale in the skillet with olive oil until it shrinks considerably. Then I put them in the food processor and cut it up as small as possible. I place several tablespoons in Ziploc bags and freeze them. I pull out one bag the night before to defrost and stir it into the scrambled eggs and add some shredded Mexican cheese and a sprinkle of Himalayan salt. 


Kale & Spinach Microwave Omelet

Ingredients:

2 Free-Range Eggs
1-2 Tablespoons of cooked Kale & Spinach
Sprinkle of Mexican Cheese
Sprinkle of Himalayan Salt

Crack two eggs and scramble. Add Kale & Spinach, Mexican Cheese and Himalayan Salt and scramble again until evenly mixed. Use the end of the fork to break apart the tablespoon of kale and spinach into smaller bits so it mixes better. Close the lid and open the vent on top. Place in the microwave for 40 seconds. Open and stir. Close and cook another 40-60 seconds.

I then cut the omelet in half and place each half in a bowl and cut it up into bite-sized pieces for our two toy breed dogs. Half an omelet which is one egg is a good serving for small dogs. I recommend buying the best eggs you can afford. In my opinion, free-range eggs are healthier and taste better. Be sure to ask your vet for advice on your dog's diet. Check out my dog cookie recipes before you go.


Have a PEACEful Day!



8 comments

Lynn said...

I bought this product several yrs ago from the Q (set of 3) and it cooks my scrambled eggs to perfection! I add bacon bits, cheese, and italian herbs for my fritatta.

Wendy Webster said...

Sounds yummy! I never saw Q sell them, I checked they are out of stock. They have the Sistema storage containers for sale, have you tried those?

Lynn said...

I have various Sistema mugs (Xmas gift from sister), which are vented for reheating. My fave is the microwave cooker so I can cook pasta w/o having to wait for water to boil. You just dump everything in (dry rice or pasta, herbs, sauce/broth/water) and ~8 minutes later, dinner's ready!

Have tons (too much?) Lock'n'Lock for pantry storage.

My current obsession is experimenting w/air fryer I got from parentals this Xmas. So far mostly appetizer-type stuff (chic tenders, tater tots, mozz stix) and bacon. Need to find ramekin or small cake pan so I can make more elaborate things.

Wendy said...

I use Le Creuset & Staub ceramic cocottes for heating soup. That sounds cool, never thought of cooking pasta in the microwave, just reheating. Which size do you use for that? Is the air fryer any better than baking in the oven? Do you lay them out in one layer not touching like baking or can you put them on top of each other? Is it easy to clean up the bacon mess? I love baked bacon but it makes such a mess.

Lynn said...

Not sure what size Sistema I use for pasta/rice.
* pasta = 2 oz + 1.5c of sauce for ~9 min
* rice = 90g + 1c stock for ~7.5 min
Still experimenting w/air fryer.
* I've done the chicken tenders/tater tots/mozz stix, etc.
* Mamie's hand pies didn't save that much time vs. toaster oven.
* Bacon works pretty well (400 degrees for 10 min) and all the grease drips down so the bacon ends up crispy! I pour the bacon grease into an empty butter tub and let the basket soak in Dawn before wiping it out.
* Apple Chips are the next thing I want to try. They take FOREVER in a conventional oven (250 degrees for at least 1.5-2 hrs).

Ideally you want to avoid overlapping items in the basket and shake it about halfway thru so stuff cooks evenly.

Wendy Webster said...

Anything to make cooking bacon & clean up easier sounds good! Hubby pours his grease into empty glass candle jars. You can dehydrate in it? Let us know how that works. Our dogs love dehydrated food.

Lynn said...

OK, the smaller Sistema is 1L and larger on 1.8L. HTH.

Wendy Webster said...

How has your search for food been during this crisis, Lynn?