Plated Food Subscription Box Review - Part 2



Ingredients for Seared Chicken with Mushroom Sauce & Twice Baked Potatoes



Finished Results


This is a review for a food subscription box called Plated. To see Part 1 of the review click here. This is the second of three recipes we received that we tried. The Seared Chicken with Mushroom Sauce & Twice Baked Potatoes recipe was the least attractive of the three recipes to me, but after tasting it became number two. The mushroom sauce was so yummy and really livened up the chicken. The mushrooms were so fresh and so perfectly cooked that they sprung back when I bit into them. I've never made twice baked potatoes before because I thought they were more time consuming than they were worth. They weren't actually very time consuming, but baking them a second time dried them out too much for my liking. I'll stick to regular baked potatoes or mashed potatoes. Maybe some cheese or sour cream would have helped the dryness. I also prefer spring onions over chives. We will use the mushroom sauce part of this recipe in the future. It really transforms a boring chicken breast into a taste sensation! Hubby was silent during dinner, so that was telling that he really enjoyed it. This recipe was suppose to take forty to fifty minutes and it took Hubby & me forty-five minutes from start to plate. It would have taken longer if we didn't take the short cut of cooking the potatoes the first time in the microwave. I recommend baking them rather than microwaving them, if you have time. We waited too long to start cooking, so we were really hungry and as a result chose the short cut. The instructions were easy to follow and the portions were perfectly sized. Our dogs also enjoyed the samples we gave them. I'm really loving this subscription box and wished I had tried it sooner. Don't hesitate to try it out as I did, get $30 off your first Plated order by clicking here. Each plate costs $12 normally.

Stay tuned for Part 3 featuring Ricotta Corn Empanadas with Spinach in Honey VinaigretteI will also be receiving the competition boxes from Blue Apron & Hello Fresh in the coming weeks, so stay tuned for those reviews. What's your favorite food subscription box? Before you leave, check out the other food subscription boxes I have reviewed:

Cravebox (out of business)
Goodies Co Tasters Box  (out of business)
Nibblr (review coming soon)

Follow Me on Pinterest, Google+ and/or Instagram 

Share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:


Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments