Tacos Oaxaca Restaurant Review - Lillington, NC


1501 South Main Street
Lillington, NC 27546
(910) 893-4927


Front View from Parking Lot


Tostada with Green Chili Sauce $5.49


Two Carne Asada (Steak) Tacos & 1 Chicken $6.00



Chicken Gordita $8.99


Alambre $8.99


Oh me oh my, the food at Tacos Oaxaca is so delicious that after having your first taste you will be craving it soon after and running back for more as soon as you can! As you can see in the first photo, it's a little restaurant. They have a few seats inside and a couple of tables outside. Most customers order their food for take out and eat it at home. Be prepared to wait a full fifteen minutes for your food to be cooked if you are first in line, longer if there are customers in front of you. It is worth every minute of wait time! This is authentic Mexican food, not the Americanized version that so many Mexican restaurants serve these days. Their dishes are packed with flavor and you will be in heaven eating it! I dare you to find any better Mexican food in North Carolina! I haven't found any myself and we use to be regular customers until we moved away. Though, each time we come back to the area for a visit we make time to pick up some more!

My favorite is the Tostadas and they are huge. One takes up the entire styrofoam carry out box. It comes with two sauces and the green one is my favorite which is green chili sauce. I'm not sure what the other one is called, if you know, please comment below. I eat every last drop of the green one, it's so yummy! They describe the Tostada as a flat tortilla that is fried then topped with refried brown bean paste, chicken or steak, chopped lettuce strips, onion, tomato, avocado, cheese, cilantro and sour cream. It's flavor is so heavenly! I'm craving one now as I write this. It's very filling, you may find you can only eat one. If you are really hungry, I'd suggest splitting a second one with a friend or order a taco too. You must give their heavenly Tostadas a try, they aren't greasy at all. Once we went for Tostadas and they sadly ran out of the tortillas. They told us they were waiting for more to arrive from Mexico. We were so disappointed, but we just ordered another yummy dish instead.

My second favorite item is the tacos and we order them with either chicken or carne asada (steak), they are both very good. I usually get at least one of each. They also come with the delicious sauces. In addition to the chicken or steak they add very fresh cilantro, onion, cheese and lettuce or cabbage. Their other options are chorizo (Mexican sausage), al pastor (marinated pork), carnitas (fried pork), lengua (tongue), chicharron (pork skin) or ground beef. You have to give their tacos a try at least once. I find three makes for a very filling serving. 

My third favorite is the Sincronizada which they describe as cheese, ham, tomato, jalapeño peppers, avocado and yellow cheese in between two tortillas like a sandwich. I call it a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich! It's serious comfort food. They put a ton of jalapeño in it, so I usually pull a few of those out since my stomach can only handle so much of it. You may find one is enough for a meal or you could order a taco also if you are really hungry. I find the Sincronizada to be very filling.

So there you have it, my latest restaurant review. If you are ever near Lillington which is close to Angier & Fuquay, make sure you drop by Tacos Oaxaca and enjoy their delicious creations! Or perhaps you are headed to Fayetteville from the north, do not forget to stop by at least for a snack! To decide what to order prior to your arrival, check out their full menu by clicking here. Note that they do not sell chips and salsa. He told us that it's because he doesn't have enough room. They are open from 11-7 Monday through Saturday and 11-5 on Sundays. Arrive in plenty of time prior to closing since we have found that sometimes they close early. We have also found that they don't answer their phone, so we have never been able to phone our order in nor check to make sure they are open. 

More Triangle Restaurant Reviews:


I also review restaurants in the Winston Salem and Greensboro area known as the Triad. Check out my Pinterest Restaurant Reviews Board. Stay tuned for more restaurant reviews.

I invite you to follow my blog via InstagramPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin' or Networked Blogs.

Share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Tacos Oaxaca Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments