Daily Harvest Smoothie Review


Chocolate & Blueberry


This is a review of a smoothie subscription box called Daily Harvest. Well, they offer more than smoothies, but this review is for their smoothies. The cups are shipped with dry ice so they arrive frozen. I ordered the 12 cups weekly subscription which costs $64.88 for the first box and $89.88 for future boxes with free shipping. That works out to $5.40 a cup for your first order and $7.49 per cup thereafter. It's $25 off your first box. These cups are filled to the rim with ingredients. In fact, they are so full I recommend adding a splash more of your favorite liquid to your blender. I find if I just fill the cup with liquid, that I'm not getting enough liquid and it's too thick and it doesn't fill the cup. I also find it helps to take a knife and pry the ingredients apart some to help the blender mix more thoroughly. You may find that your blender needs a few more seconds than other smoothie brands need. You'll also need a wider straw since these are thick smoothies. As you can see below I didn't use enough liquid for the Cocoa & Avocado smoothie, so it was too thick and it didn't fill to the top of the cup. I got the hang of it as you can see with the Carrot & Chai below. 

The photo above shows what the Chocolate & Blueberry smoothie ingredients look like when dumped into the blender without liquid. I use unsweetened almond milk to mix with the frozen ingredients. Included in the cup are blueberries, banana, kale, dates, spinach,  almond butter, coconut, vanilla bean powder, Himalayan sea salt, maca powder, and cacao powder. Most of the ingredients are organic. It has 260 calories and its benefits are workout-recovery, energizing, immunity-boosting, anti-inflammatory, and beautifying. This one is my favorite so I've ordered multiples. If you are craving sweets or chocolate this one is for you. Lately, I've been craving chocolate so I've had quite a few of them and after I have one I'm no longer craving chocolate which is a relief. If I eat some pieces of chocolate I usually still crave it again later, so this is a better solution. This one gets five out of five stars from me. It has a 4.6 out of 5-star rating on their website. It's a wonderful chocolate shake without the guilt. Once blended it's a dark chocolate color.


Cocao & Avocado Smoothie


The Cocao & Avocado Smoothie includes zucchini, pumpkin seeds, dates, avocado, coconut milk, cacao powder, coconut, coconut oil, pea protein, cacao nibs, and Himalayan sea salt. It has 510 calories, wow I didn't notice that it was so high in calories. I think I'll skip this one next time. It's ok if you are using it as a meal replacement and you're on the run, but for those that will be eating a regular meal soon after I recommend skipping this one. I wasn't a big fan of the flavor of this one. I would recommend using coconut milk or coconut water to mix with this one instead of almond milk. You could also add some more cacao nibs & shredded coconut to decorate the top. It has 4.5 stars out of 5 on their website. It's meant for workout-recovery, energizing, and digestive-support.



Carrot & Chai


I was really excited to try the Carrot & Chai smoothie since I love chai. It includes bananas, carrots, dates, walnuts, sweet potatoes, coconut, ginger, black chia seeds, vanilla bean powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon. I found it had too much sweet potato flavor and not enough chai. You may want to add another date or two to sweeten it up a bit. It has 4.7 out of 5 stars on their website. Most say it tastes like pumpkin pie or carrot cake.  I'm wondering if I would like it better warm rather than cold. It has 300 calories and benefits of workout-recovery, immunity-boosting, energizing, beautifying, and stress relief.


Acai & Cherry


The Acai Cherry is a best seller. It has cherries, blueberries, bananas, raspberries, acai puree, kale, and psyllium husk. It only has 130 calories yet it's a tasty sweet treat. It has 4.6 out of 5 stars on their website. You could add a couple tablespoons of vanilla yogurt to add calories and so that it keeps you fuller longer. Its benefits are immunity-boosting, anti-inflammatory, beautifying, and digestive support.


Chocolate & Hazelnut


I love hazelnut and chocolate so I had to try this one. I enjoyed its flavor but I found it too thick, so I would recommend adding a bit more liquid to it and blending it longer. It includes bananas, hazelnuts, coconut milk, kale, cacao powder, avocado, coconut oil, pea protein, and Himalayan sea salt. It has 490 calories and its benefits are workout-recovery, energizing, and stress-relief. I would recommend using coconut milk or coconut water for this one rather than almond milk. It has 4.1 out of 5 stars online.


Chai & Coconut


Lastly is Chai & Coconut which has zucchini, coconut meat, cauliflower, dates, coconut milk, coconut, cinnamon, black pepper, hemp protein powder, coconut MCT oil, cardamon, ginger, nutmeg, star anise, cloves, vanilla bean powder, and Himalayan sea salt. It has only 210 calories and benefits of stress-relief and beautifying. It's rated 4 out of 5 stars. I'd recommend coconut milk or coconut water for this one. A bit of decoration with shredded coconut and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top would be nice.

Well, there you have it, my review of six of Daily Harvest's smoothies. Stay tuned for my review of their Hazelnut & Chocolate Bites, several soups, oat bowls, and more smoothie flavors. If you are a Daily Harvest customer, which ones are you favorite? Comment below! If you aren't a customer, give them a try by snagging my $25 coupon below and enjoy quick and flavorful smoothies, soups, harvest bowls, overnight oats, chai bowls, chocolate bites, and lattes. Also, check out my previous review of their Mushroom & Miso Soup and their Brussels Sprouts & Lime Pad Thai Harvest Bowl.

Bargain Alert: 

Daily Harvest - $25 off your 1st box of smoothies, oat bowls, harvest bowls, soup and more. Plus, free shipping

Gobble Four meals for only $18
Hello Fresh -$40 off 
Home Chef $30 off 

Revive Organics 50% off & free shipping 1st shipment of smoothies &/or overnight oats, use link or code "WEB178740"
Sunbasket $40 off


Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments