My Quick, Easy & Healthy Lunch Made with Daily Harvest


Daily Harvest's Mushroom & Miso Soup in a Staub Pumpkin Cocotte


Ah, finally fall is here in North Carolina. We went from the 90's down to the low 70's, what a relief. Cool-weather makes me think of soup for lunch. I like to use a little Staub Pumpkin Cocotte to warm up my soup in the microwave. The lid keeps it from spitting soup all over your microwave and it also keeps it warm if you're not ready to eat it right away due to being interrupted. They make a wonderful presentation at your dining table, impress your guests! They are currently on sale at QVC for $24.99 or four payments of $6.25, that's a saving of $10 per cocotte. Grab four for your family or more for your next fall party or Thanksgiving. They come in rustic ivory, matte black or burnt orange as shown above. The orange one has a high gloss finish which is very reflective and makes it easy to wash and dry. They are dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 572F. Imagine baking apple crisp or little apple pies in it for dessert, yum! 

Now on to my new adventure trying out Daily Harvest. I just received my shipment on Wednesday and so far I've tried the Mushroom & Miso Soup and the Brussels Sprouts & Lime Pad Thai Harvest Bowl. I also ordered 9 smoothies, Gazpacho and a Mulberry & Dragon Fruit Oat Bowl. They also offer lattes, cookie dough bites, and chia bowls. They are shipped with dry ice and arrive frozen. I still had some dry ice left in the box, so everything was in great shape. They have various plans to chose from, you can start with as little as 6 cups up to 26 cups per week or monthly 24 cups. Prices range from $6.99-$7.99 depending on the quantity you order. You can easily skip weeks on their website and change your selections. All of the selections are healthy and provide lots of nutrition. If you aren't eating enough fruits and vegetables, this is the tasty and easy way to eat more. Skip unhealthy fast food restaurants and serve up some Daily Harvest instead!

Mushroom & Miso Soup ingredients are butternut squash, white miso, spinach, shiitake, kelp, tamari, dulse (seaweed), and chaga (mushroom). All of them are organic except the kelp. It has only 140 calories and it says it's only one serving, but I was able to fill my cocotte twice. So either it would make a nice side soup for two with a sandwich or something else or by itself for one person. It's a chunky, tasty and filling soup. It says you can add broth or water, I added water to keep the sodium count down. It's not necessary to add broth, it has plenty of flavor without it due to the miso. I added a bit of freshly cracked pepper. I read some reviews that state they added noddles or a protein to it such as chicken. It's best by date is 2/12/20, so that's plenty of time to eat it.

Brussels Sprouts & Lime Pad Thai Harvest Bowl ingredients are brussels sprouts, organic kale, kelp, organic almond butter, jalepeño, and organic tamari. It has only 180 calories. I dumped all the ingredients into my cocotte, added a couple of tablespoons of filter water, warmed it up in the microwave for six minutes, and then stirred it up. It could easily be made into a chunky soup by adding a cup of broth. It was an enjoyable, filling and spicy meal. Here's a look at it cooked:

 

Have you given Daily Harvest a try yet? If you have, I'd love to hear which ones are your favorite. If not, what's your favorite fall lunch? Comment below! I'm anxious to give the smoothies a try next, so stay tuned.

Bargain Alert:

$25 off your 1st Daily Harvest Shipment
$10 off Staub Pumpkin Cocotte
#rewardedbyQVC

Have a PEACEful Day!




No comments