Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken Restaurant Review - Morrisville, NC


(919) 378-9259


Exterior View


Interior View


Taco Tuesday Special - $8.99


Yellow & Green Dipping Sauces


This is a review of a restaurant called Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken. The one I'm reviewing is located in Morrisville, NC across from Target, they have five more locations. They have two locations in Raleigh, one in Sanford and two in Durham. Their health grade is currently 96.5 which is good. They are open every day from 11 am until 9 pm. 

I visited around 1 pm on a Tuesday and it was packed, almost every table was taken. They have service similar to Chipotle in which you walk up to the counter where they prepare the food for you. The difference is that you pay first and then you are given a number on a stand and told to have a seat and wait for your food. The menu is up on the wall really high and since I'm short I found it a challenge. I felt rushed by the employees so I quickly chose the Tuesday Taco special. I had to repeat that my order was to go, it's very loud in there and hard to hear people speak. If I could have found a seat, I would have still chosen carry out since it wasn't a peaceful environment to eat in. While you wait for your food help yourself to the self-serve soda foundation, sauces, and condiments. Don't forget a fork and lots of napkins, these tacos are messy. I had forgotten a fork, luckily I had one in the car. The Taco Tuesday Special is described as "three chicken tacos made to order, topped with fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, queso fresco served with Valentina hot sauce and lime wedges. Includes a fountain drink." I recommend checking out their menu prior to your visit to determine what you would like to order. You can order online and prepay for your meal. I usually don't order pulled chicken, but this was usually moist and delicious. The tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and cheese were very fresh and tasty. I enjoyed both the green and yellow sauces and when I found the hot sauce buried under the tacos I added just a touch to each taco. They were yummy tacos that I highly recommend. They are a bit messy though. They offer authentic tortillas that are very thin and fall apart easily. They give you two for each taco which lessens the flavor of the chicken and toppings so after it falls apart I eat the rest with a fork. My husband has eaten at the Capital Boulevard location on weekdays for lunch many times and as of late he and his coworkers have been happy with the service and the food. His favorite meal is the 1/2 chicken with white and dark meat, green beans and salad. Note that they also offer catering for $9.95 a person (1/4 chicken and 3 sides) with a minimum of fifteen people. It includes plasticware and setup, but premium sides are extra. If you want a quick, fresh and tasty meal, give this restaurant a try soon. Fast food chain restaurants are so expensive these days, this restaurant is a healthy alternative for around the same price. What's your favorite restaurant for a quick bite?

Another restaurant that I recommend is only a couple of doors down from Alpaca, it's called Hi Poke. It's an Asian restaurant that serves poke bowls which are very tasty. They currently offer a punch card which gives you your tenth bowl free. They are my favorite poke bowl restaurant in the area since they fill the bowl to the top, so it's a filling meal. A similar restaurant to Alpaca that I have reviewed is called Viva Chicken Peruvian Rotisserie Joint located in North Hills. Check out the other restaurants I have reviewed on my Pinterest Restaurant Reviews Board.

Invite your friend to this restaurant by clicking on the share buttons:


Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!

Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato







2 comments

Terra Heck said...

Sounds like they have good food.
Like you, I don't do well with crowded restaurants.

Wendy Webster said...

Yes, I plan to return soon, yummy and fast service. That's why we normally visit restaurants after the lunch rush and prior to the dinner rush.