Bath & Body Works Fall Candles - Empties Review


Every fall and winter I purchase enough Bath & Body Works candles to last the year since I'm not a fan of their spring and summer candles. These are the candles I bought last year and recently finished. They didn't bring back Cinnamon Pretzel Twist, Pumpkin Banana Muffin nor Sea Salt & Maple Popcorn. Here's a list of my fall empties:
  1. Marshmallow Fireside - made with notes of toasted vanilla and cedarwood essential oil
  2. Cider Lane - warm caramel, granny smith apple, dark brown sugar, and ground clove
  3. Cinnamon Pretzel Twist - fresh ground cinnamon, soft homemade pretzel, vanilla cream icing
  4. Salted Caramel - salted caramel, roasted chestnut, caramelized sugar, and dark molasses
  5. Campfire Donut - made with notes of powdered sugar, glazed donut, and cedarwood essential oil
  6. Sea Salt & Maple Popcorn - sea-salted butterscotch, vanilla bourbon, and amber maple syrup
  7. Pumpkin Banana Muffin - caramelized banana, pumpkin purée, walnut, and cinnamon sugar
  8. Pumpkin Apple - red delicious apple, fall pumpkin, fresh ground cinnamon, and clove buds
Marshmallow Fireside is one of my favorites and many customers agree. It almost has a 5-star rating. I purchase several so that I can enjoy them year round. It smells like a fireplace burning real firewood mixed with a smoky vanilla and toasted marshmallow scent. They currently have four different labels in stock. Two of them are described as "made with cedarwood & Palo Santa essentials oils with notes of toasted marshmallow and vanilla". Two are described as "toasted marshmallow, smoldering woods, fire roasted vanilla and crystalized amber". This one usually has a strong throw. I highly recommend you give this one a try. I'd pick the two that list marshmallow first in the description.

Cider Lane returned this year, but it was hard to find. While I enjoyed it, there are better candles with similar scents. It's not one I plan to repurchase. I think the clove was too strong for me. I mostly smell clove, apple and brown sugar without any caramel. This one wasn't very strong, it needed a smaller room.

When they came out with Cinnamon Pretzel Twist it sounded so good I had to get my hands on it as fast as I could. Last year lots of restaurants were pushing pretzel buns and the smell is yummy. This one mostly has a strong creamy vanilla frosting scent. I don't really smell the cinnamon nor the pretzel. It was disappointing and I don't plan to purchase it again if it returns which it hasn't yet. It had a medium throw.

Salted Caramel is one I purchase several of every year. It's a very yummy rich candy-like caramel scent. It can make me crave candy, so I have to be in the mood to burn it. Last year I found I wasn't into the caramel scent as much as previous years. I still have half of one left. I recommend it if you love the scent of caramel. It usually has a pretty good throw.

Campfire Donut is ok, it's nowhere near as good as Cinnamon Sugared Donut.   I'm hoping they bring that one back soon, sometimes they offer it in the spring.  I was really surprised it didn't come back this fall. This one has a bit of a sour donut scent along with sugar and the cedarwood is very strong. The Pumpkin Donut Shop candle is also better. This one has a pretty good throw. I find I burn it and take a break for awhile versus other candles that I burn back to back.

I wish they would bring back Sea Salt & Maple Popcorn since it is really lovely. While popcorn tends to have a stinky scent, this one didn't. The butterscotch and maple made it more of a candy scent with popcorn in the background. While it isn't hoard worthy, it is a nice change from my long list of favorites. I'd buy one a year if it was available. There was another popcorn scent that was tested but didn't make it to market this fall. The reviews were pretty good. Boardwalk also has a popcorn scent, but it is very strong and sweet. That's an alternative if you like really sweet scents.

Pumpkin Apple isn't one I'd purchase again since there are so many candles that have a better scent than this one. To me, it smells mostly like red apples and clove with a hint of cinnamon. The clove is too strong, I'd prefer apple be the strongest scent along with cinnamon.

Pumpkin Banana Muffin was a disappointment. I'm still waiting for them to come up with a banana candle I like. I'm waiting on my candle sale order to arrive, perhaps the Milkshake one that is supposed to have a strong banana pudding scent will be a winner. This one smells musky to me. It took me a long time to burn it since I didn't fancy it much. It doesn't have any bakery scent at all. It's so strange that some of their scents that are supposed to be bakery scents have such a strong musky scent instead. Since often I order online I don't get to smell them before purchasing sometimes. I think I'll make more effort to visit stores and check them out first, especially the bakery scents.

What are your favorite fall scents? Now is your last chance to pick up some fall candles, so do not delay! From what they currently have in stock, I recommend: Leaves, Mahogany Teakwood, Marshmallow Fireside, Pumpkin Pecan Waffles, Hot Cocoa & Cream, Maple Cinnamon Pancakes, Fresh Balsam, and Evergreen.

Bargain Alert:

$10 off $30 - code "SNOWEDIN"
Mr. Rebates - cash back for online purchases

Check out my last Bath & Body Works haul. Feel free to browse around my blog before you leave. Check out my Bath & Body Works Pinterest Board for links to my other blog posts featuring Bath & Body Works products. Be a pal and share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments