Kimono Japanese Restaurant - Winston Salem, NC


4910 Old Country Club Dr
Winston Salem, NC  27104
(336) 774-9777


Sushi Bar


Salad with Ginger Dressing & Onion Soup  


Chicken & Scallops Combination Entree - $11.99


This is a review of a Japanese restaurant located in the city of Winston Salem in the state of North Carolina called Kimono. They have two locations in Winston Salem, one in Welcome and one in Salisbury. This review is for the one located on Old Country Club Drive in Winston Salem. 

We arrived at 3 pm on a Saturday and were promptly seated in one of their eight booths. I enjoyed being seated next to the window. They also have lots of tables and the sushi bar to sit at. There were only a couple other customers, so if you like a quiet restaurant, I recommend showing up around that time. They are open Sunday through Thursday from 11 am to 9 pm and half an hour longer on Fridays and Saturdays.

The waiter came over right away and took our drink orders. He came back shortly after and delivered our drinks. Then he took our lunch orders. We were both in the mood for a combination entree instead of sushi. Hubby ordered the Chicken & Scallops and I ordered the Chicken & Shrimp. They both come with salad and soup which arrived about five minutes later. The salad only had lettuce and some pieces of carrot. I didn't care for the ginger dressing, it was very weak in flavor. Hubby said the ranch dressing was good. The soup had pieces of green onion in water. It was cooked long enough for the water to be slightly flavored by the onion. It arrived very hot. We had to wait for it to cool a bit before eating. I only had a few sips to warm me up. The spoonfuls that had onion were good, but I would have preferred miso soup which wasn't an option. Hubby finished most of his. 

Nine minutes later our entrees came out, but they were both what Hubby ordered. So I had to wait for the shrimp to be cooked, but it came out very quickly. The rice was ok, just not as sticky as I prefer it to be. The sauce was good, but I didn't care for it being served in a plastic cup. The salad dressing was served the same way. I enjoyed the shrimp and the chicken, though I would have liked a bit more chicken. There was a lot of zucchini, but I would have liked a bit more onion. Hubby had more onion than I did. There were also some pieces of carrot and broccoli. The vegetables were cooked well. Hubby said the scallops weren't cooked properly. They should have been seared and were a bit overcooked which is typical for most restaurants. The combination entree was pretty good, but I think I'll go with the sushi next time since the customers next to us seemed to really enjoy it and said it was great. It certainly was a good value for $10.99-11.99 and you'll leave with a very full stomach! I recommend it if you are looking for a good value, lovely interior decor, prompt service and comfortable seating. My Chicken & Shrimp Combination Entree was a dollar less than Hubby's Chicken & Scallops Entree. They also offer a special for two which has chicken, shrimp, steak and scallops for only $21.99.

Well there you have it, my latest restaurant review for the Triad area. Be sure to check out the other reviews I have posted for the Triad area:

Chef Samir Shaltout - Greensboro, NC
Dairi-O - King, NC
Fourth Street Filling Station - Winston Salem, NC
Green Valley Grill - Greensboro, NC
Hakka Chow - Winston Salem, NC
Jolo Winery - Pilot Mountain, NC
Le Kebab - Charlotte, NC
Little Italy - King, NC
Mary's Gourmet Diner - Winston Salem, NC
Mooney's Mediterranean Cafe - Winston Salem, NC
Mizu Japanese Cuisine - Winston Salem, NC
Thai Cafe - King, NC
The Marshall Free House - Greensboro, NC
The Tavern in Old Salem - Winston Salem, NC
Village Tavern - Winston Salem, NC

I need restaurant suggestions since we have only lived in Triad about a year. So please comment below! I have several more restaurant reviews in the works, so be sure to stop by again soon. Check out my Restaurant Reviews Pinterest Board.

I invite you to follow my blog via InstagramPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin' or Networked BlogsDon't forget to claim your free Graze Boxfree Julep nail polish, free air filters and $30 worth of Home Chef meals before you leave! Also, be sure to browse around my blog since I'm sure you'll find something else that interests you. 

Share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:


Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments