Milner's American Southern Restaurant Review - Winston Salem, NC


630 South Stratford Road
Winston Salem, NC  27103
(336) 768-2221


Exterior


Interior Decor (click on the photos to enlarge)


Bread Basket


Huevos Rancheros - $13.00


Grilled Fish Tacos - $12.00


This is a review of a restaurant called Milner's American Southern Cuisine & Cocktails located in Winston Salem, North Carolina. We had planned a trip to Sweet Potatoes but there was a forty minute wait and it was only an hour before closing, so I quickly used the Yelp app to find another restaurant. It's frustrating because so many restaurants are closed or have limited hours on Sundays. We arrived around 2:15 pm. We were quickly seated at a booth next to a window. The restaurant was very busy and quite noisy as a result. Their sanitation grade is 95% which is very good.

We had a bit of a hard time figuring out what to order. Our waiter showed up immediately and took our drink orders. He returned in less than two minutes with our drinks and bread. The bread was very good. He told us they add corn flour to regular flour to make this unique bread. It's like a mix of cornbread and regular bread, it's a nice change. The butter didn't seem to be of high quality, but I'm very picky. The waiter was very friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. After we ordered it took about fifteen minutes for our dishes to show up. Hubby ordered Huevos Rancheros which is described as "pulled pork, sunny side up egg, tortilla, grilled zucchini, black bean & corn salsa and ranchero hollandaise". Hubby loved this dish, his only complaint was that it was not very spicy. The eggs were perfectly cooked and I was wishing they were on my plate! I really dislike pulled pork, so I only took one bite as a sample. I regrettably ordered the Grilled Fish Tacos. They are described as "shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, cilantro and sour cream". I asked which type of fish they were serving and he said it was swordfish. They have many sides to chose from and I was craving french fries since I hadn't had them in quite some time. Unfortunately, the french fries were over cooked and very greasy. I could only eat a couple of them and they were awful. The fish in the fish tacos was over cooked, dry and lacked flavor. On top of that, the fish wasn't warm at all. The pico de gallo only had tomatoes and extremely thin slices of red onion. There was very little cilantro, too much cabbage and not enough sour cream. It basically tasted like cole slaw and nothing else. There was very little fish which is crazy since it's not an inexpensive dish. The fish tacos were a huge disappointment! Prices are a little on the high side, $12 for the Fish Tacos and $13 for Huevos Rancheros. Sodas are $2 each. Hubby would definitely order the Huevos Rancheros again, but I don't know what I would order or if I would even return since they can't even cook french fries properly. Hubby will probably visit for lunch with coworkers in the future and I'll just skip this restaurant. The atmosphere was enjoyable but it was a bit loud with all the customers talking and there were many large groups which tend to talk too loud. I prefer a more calm dining experience. 

I invite you to follow my blog via InstagramPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin' or Networked Blogs. Also, be sure to browse around my blog since I'm sure you'll find something else that interests you. To see a full listing of my restaurant reviews, visit my Pinterest Restaurant Reviews BoardShare this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Milner's American Southern Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Have a PEACEful Day!



No comments