Macy's Subscription Box Review - January 2019



New Year, New You 


This is a review of the January Macy's Beauty Box. Each month they send five samples of cosmetics along with a perfume sample and a coupon for either $5 or $10 off beauty items on their website and in stores. Each month is costs $15 and everyone receives the same items, so it's not customized. The retail value of this month's box is $34.52 not including the $10 coupon nor the cosmetic bag. This month they sent the following products:
  1. Dr. Brandt - Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant, made in the USA, .25 fl. oz., $9.87 retail value
  2. Philosophy - Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Worker Line Correcting Primer, made in the USA .24 fl. oz., $10.13 retail value
  3. Marc Jacobs - Daisy Eau de Toilette Spray, made in France, .04 fl. oz., $1.22 retail value
  4. TonyMoly - Brightening I'm Lemon Gel Eye Patch, made in Korea, full size, $4.00 retail value
  5. Kiehl's - Glow Formula Skin Hydrator, made in the USA, .17 fl. oz., $3.80 retail value
  6. Clinique - Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto Replenishing Hydrator, made in the USA, .24 fl. oz., $5.50 retail value
  7. $10 Coupon
  8. Cosmetic Bag
The cosmetic bag is really cute this month with the white pom-pom attached to the zipper. It's great for flying since it's clear so that the contents can be seen by TSA. It's a sturdy plastic. It looks like it would hold up well and it could easily be cleaned. I've received a sample of the Dr. Brant Exfoliant before. It smooths my skin very well but it's very pricey. The full sized version costs $79.00, wow! The tiny sample is a $9.87 value. Philosophy's Primer is that lovely silicone type that makes the skin so smooth and foundation application so much easier. The other type of primers don't do anything for me and actually sometimes make my pores more visible. So I stick to the silicone ones. I can tell my foundation goes on better with them, the ones I like are Laura Geller's Spackle & Julep's Primer. Julep's Primer has the healthiest ingredients, so that's the one I use the most. I have purchased Marc Jacob's Perfume in the full size before and I have used every last drop which is rare for me. I really love it, it's one of my favorites. It reminds me of Chanel, but a tad less expensive. It has top notes of violet leaves, wild strawberries and the middle notes are violet petals and jasmine bouquet. Base notes are musk and vanilla. I really don't get much musk from it, I mostly smell a floral powdery scent. I have used most of TonyMoly's Sheet Masks since that is what I usually use my monthly Macy's Beauty Box coupons on. The only ones I haven't tried are the Eye Masks, so I'm really looking forward to trying it tonight after my shower. Kiehl's Skin Hydrator is skin-toned and it feels moisturizing. It feels like a primer since it leaves the skin so smooth yet not oily or sticky. I like the feel of it. I've tried Clinique's Moisture Surge before, it reminds me of serums, best for those with oily skin or used with a heavier moisturizer for those with dry skin. It has a gel consistency that is wonderfully cooling. I'll have to search the website tonight to see what I will use my $10 coupon on. If you are a subscriber, what will you be purchasing with the coupon? 

My favorite product this month is the TonyMoly Eye Patch. If you haven't tried TonyMoly's masks you should give them a try. Keep them in the refrigerator so they have even more of a cooling effect. My least favorite item is the Clinique Moisture Surge since I have dry skin and it works best on combination or oily skin. What's your favorite cosmetic subscription box?

Update - they are no longer offering free shipping for beauty products, it's now $10.95 unless the order is over $49. So now if you want to just buy one item to use your coupon on you'll have to choose in-store free pick up. Very disappointing!

Check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to compare it to Macy's Beauty Box and check out my Macy's Beauty Box Pinterest Board. In addition, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years.

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates - Cash Back from Macy's

I invite you to follow my blog via Pinterest, Twitter, Google +, Bloglovin', Networked Blogs and Facebook. Be a pal and share this post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:



Have a PEACEful Day!




No comments