23rd Hello Fresh Meal Kit Review & $40 Coupon


Rib-Eye Steaks over Truffled Mashed Potatoes with Green Beans Amandine


Ingredients


Grilled Sriracha Glazed Salmon with Jasmine Rice, Baby Bok Choy, and Spicy Butter


Ingredients


Pineapple Poblano Beef Tacos with Lime Crema, Cilantro, and Warm Spices


Ingredients


This is a review of our 23rd delivery from a weekly food subscription box called Hello Fresh. We gave all three recipes four out of five stars. Calories range from 720 to 1080 and preparation time indicated on the recipe cards ranges from 30 to 55 minutes. Actual preparation time was 48 to 50 minutes.

Rib-Eye Steaks over Truffled Mashed Potatoes with Green Beans Amandine

We gave this recipe four out of five stars. The steak was huge, so much so that it wouldn't all fit on my place. In the above photo, there are two pieces missing.  The steak wasn't as tender as we would have liked. It had more of the texture of a sirloin rather than a rib-eye. It was a bit leaner than rib-eyes we tend to select. The sauce was scrumptious. It's made with shallot, crushed peppercorn, demi-glace, water, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Delicious truffle oil and sour cream were added to the mashed potatoes along with salt and pepper. They were incredible with the sauce on top. The tasty green beans were simply baked with olive oil. It took 48 minutes to prepare while the recipe card states 55 minutes. It was a very large portion and it comes in at 1080 calories. I shared quite a bit of steak with our dogs since I couldn't eat it all so that lowers the calorie count. It was definitely a scrumptious treat!

Grilled Sriracha Glazed Salmon with Jasmine Rice, Baby Bok Choy, and Spicy Butter

We gave this recipe four out of five stars. The sriracha butter was scrumptious on the rice, bok choy, and the salmon! We've had spicy mayo which is mayo and sriracha and it's tasty, but the butter version is even more delicious! Give it a try! We will certainly try it again soon since it's so yummy and easy to make. Anytime they offer a meal with hoisin sauce I tend to order it since we love its flavor. It was added to the salmon and it was a wonderful addition. We would have liked a large portion of the salmon. It was a healthy portion coming in at 720 calories. This recipe took Hubby 50 minutes to prepare while the recipe card states 45 minutes. 

Pineapple Poblano Beef Tacos with Lime Crema, Cilantro, and Warm Spices

I made this recipe since Hubby had to go out of town on business. Whenever that happens, I have one portion for dinner and one for lunch the next day. I gave it four out of five stars. It was a nice change from a traditional taco recipe. The addition of poblanos is always welcome, it's very tasty. While it called for half of the poblano to be cooked and half not, I prefer it cooked, so I cooked it all. The addition of pineapple to the salsa was a nice change. It was a very generous portion, so I placed two tacos on my plate rather than three as shown above. It has 730 calories, but I didn't eat the entire portion. It took me 42 minutes to prepare and the recipe card states 30 minutes though I tend to be a slow cook and I'm pretty careful about cleaning produce which slows me down.

It was yet another enjoyable week of recipes! What would you say if I told you for only $19.94 you could get three recipes of your choice and all the ingredients for two people delivered to your doorstep? Yes, what a bargain! Also, there is no waste since they are perfectly portioned. Hello Fresh is my current favorite meal kit company, so I highly recommend you grab the $40 coupon below today by clicking on the link below and have fun choosing your three recipes and ship date. Don't worry about future ship dates, you can skip them easily on the website. Go to the menu page, select the week you want to skip or schedule and scroll down to the bottom of the page to chose "skip week" or "select meals". To select meals, click on the three recipes you would like.  If you've already tried Hello Fresh, give Home Chef a try, click on the link below for $30 off. Check out all the recipes we have made so far on my Hello Fresh Pinterest Board

Bargain Alert: 

Hello Fresh - $40 off which makes your first box only $19.94 for 6 servings!
Home Chef - $30 Off which makes your first box only $29.70 for 6 servings!

I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin', or Networked Blogs. Please help me out by sharing this post via Twitter & Facebook:

Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!




No comments