26th Blue Apron Meal Kit Review




Baked Wild Alaskan Pollock with Roasted Pepper Relish & Saffron Yogurt


Ingredients


Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Broccoli


Ingredients


Smoked Gouda Cheeseburger with Spicy Zucchini Slaw


Ingredients


This is a review of our 26th delivery from a weekly food subscription box called Blue Apron. This week we gave two recipes five out of five stars and one recipe four stars. Calories ranged from 570 to 780 and preparation time indicated on the recipe cards ranges from twenty-five to forty-five minutes. Actual preparation time ranged from forty-four minutes to fifty-three. This meal kit box with six servings and three recipes costs $59.94 including shipping. Occasionally, they offer discounts, if you order a specific week.

Baked Wild Alaskan Pollock

Hubby gave this recipe five out of five stars and I gave it three. I really appreciate that they send us wild caught fish. The pollock was yummy, but I wasn't a big fan of the topping though Hubby loved it. The roasted piquillo peppers gave me heartburn and I wasn't crazy about the addition of roasted almonds. I also didn't like the zucchini mixed with the yellow couscous. This recipe indicated up to thirty-five minutes preparation time. It took Hubby fifty-three minutes to prepare and it has only 570 calories. It was a healthy portion with leftover couscous. 

Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs

I gave this recipe four stars and Hubby gave it three out of five stars. I absolutely loved the glaze on top of the chicken and mashed potatoes. I don't normally like anything on top of my mashed potatoes. It was scrumptious! It's simply made with soy glaze, vinegar and water. I wasn't crazy about the broccoli, I prefer it steamed rather than baked. The Italian bel paese cheese, butter and garlic made for the yummiest mashed potatoes. It took Hubby forty-four minutes to prepare while the recipe card indicates up to forty-five minutes. It had 780 calories and it was a healthy portion with no leftovers.

Smoked Gouda Cheeseburger

Hubby gave this recipe five stars and I gave it three. I'm not a fan of smoked gouda cheese and the jalapeño was too spicy. I had to remove some pieces, it was that hot and I love jalapeño normally. I would have preferred tzatziki sauce on the zucchini over their suggested mixture of sour cream, vinegar, olive oil, garlic and jalapeño. The potato bun was tasty, fresh and soft. This one has 720 calories and it took fifty-two minutes to prepare. The recipe card states up to thirty-five minutes preparation time. It was a healthy portion with no leftovers.

It was a pretty good week of recipes. What's your favorite food subscription box? Don't forget to enter my current giveaway for a meal kit box from Blue Apron and check out my Pinterest Subscription Box Board and Pinterest Blue Apron Board.

Bargain Alert: 

Hello Fresh - $40 off
Home Chef - $30 Off
Sun Basket - $40 Off

I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin', or Networked Blogs. Please help me out by sharing this post via Twitter & Facebook:


Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments