Orly's Be Brave Nail Polish


Manicure featuring Orly's Be Brave over Liquid Vinyl




Above photo taken with a flash, you can see how the holographic strips light up and change colors.



Above are the test nails using the polishes below (one coat) on top of Orly's Liquid Vinyl (2 coats)



Liquid Vinyl, Nothin' Mousie 'bout It, Pirouette My Whistle, Be Brave, Fancy Nancy, Girls Only


Time for a new manicure, so I took out some large glitter top coats and tried them on top of black Liquid Vinyl by Orly (see above photos).  My favorite was Pretty & Polish's Girls Only (an Indie polish), second favorite Be Brave, third Pirouette My Whistle.  Mind you, the photos don't do the glitter justice, no substitute for seeing them in person!  I let hubby decide and he chose Be Brave as his favorite, so I went with that this week.

When I saw the Be Brave nail polish in Ulta, I had to purchase it immediately!  The display featured it on top of their black color Liquid Vinyl.  I tried to find a pink polish that it would look good on top of, but I have yet to find one that matches yet.  If you find one, or another polish color that this looks good on top of, please comment below!  I'm not a real big fan of black polish, perhaps because it's such a contrast next to my extremely fair skin.  Not to mention black polish is so difficult to apply, one mistake near the cuticles and you can see that tiny little bit of polish in the wrong place.  It's also a mess to remove.  The holographic sticks in this polish look best in sunlight while the hand is moving.  Kind of reminds me of holographic Christmas wrapping paper if you cut into strips. The strips of glitter landed flat on my nails except for a couple at the tips.  I applied a second top coat of Seche Vite the next day and that still didn't help.  Next time, I may use a dotting tool to push down any of the strips that aren't laying flat before the polish dries.  So there you have it, my latest manicure, not my favorite, but it's nice.

Previous manicures featured on this blog:

Reverse French Manicure
Fire Marble Design
OPI Dupe for Chanel's Periodot 
Gradient Nails
4th of July Nails
Bubbly Nails
Water Marbling Nails
Fish Tail Braid Manicure

Comments welcome and appreciated.



Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments