- Use nail polish remover on your nails to remove any oils, etc that will make your nails chip.
- Apply 2 coats of Orly's rubberized base coat. Let dry about 5 mins.
- Apply 2 coats of Betsey Johnson's red polish (Pushing Your Luck) from Sephora and 1 coat of Seche Vite's top coat. Wait to dry at least 1/2 an hour, I waited 1 hour.
- Use a piece of scotch tape to make a diagonal line covering the upper 1/2 of the nail. As per this tutorial, click here.
- Apply Betsey Johnson's blue polish to the area below the scotch tape on the lower 1/2 of the nail. Apply 1-2 coats, making sure red doesn't show through. Remove scotch tape slowly. Use a dotting tool dipped in red to correct any errors on that line, if any of the blue seeped through the bottom of the tape. Apply 1 coat of Seche Vite's top coat. Wait at least 1/2 an hour.
- Using Bundle Monsters image plate BM14, apply Konad's white polish to the stars on the plate and using Konad's scraper, scrape off. Using Konad's rubber stamp, roll onto plate. Roll the rubber stamp over your nail being careful to get it in the correct spot, only on the blue polish. This is something you should practice on your nails prior to going through all the steps.
- Apply another coat of Seche Vite's top coat.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
4th of July Nails 2012
4th of July Nails:
Orly's Manicure Keeper, Sephora by OPI Betsey Johnson's Too Too Turq (blue) and Pushing Your Luck (red), Konad's white stamping polish, Seche Vite's top coat