Ipsy Subscription Box Review - February 2018



Unzipped - February 2018 Ipsy


This is a review of a monthly cosmetic subscription box called Ipsy for only $10 per month including shipping. The retail value of my February bag is whopping $56.42. Included in my February bag were the following products:
  1. Seraphine Botanicals - Lychee +Gold Blush, Healthy Glow Rose Gold Blush, formulated in the UK & packaging made in China, .11 oz. full size, $14.00 retail value
  2. IT Cosmetics - Bye Bye Under Eye Waterproof Concealer, made in China,  .11 fl. oz., $9.42 retail value
  3. Estate Cosmetics - Dew Me Baked Highlighter Powder in Afterglow, .1 oz. full size, $10.00 retail value
  4. Kloraine - Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk, made in France, 1 oz., $10 retail value
  5. F.A.R.A.H. Brushes - Angled Contour Brush 30F, made in China, full size, $13.00 retail value
Three of the items are full size and the retail value this month is amazing! What a wonderful bargain! Seraphine Botanicals is a brand I was also introduced to in this month's Boxy Charm. I love their packaging, the boxes they come in are very pretty. This blush is made with ginger, lychee, mangosteen and chamomile extracts. It's vegan, GMO freee, gluten free and cruelty free. It has a very pretty peachy pink color with a hint of gold which can seen with movement. It goes on a bit light which I prefer. It's easier for me to add more blush rather than trying to remove some. It has a screw top lid. I'm always happy to receive a product from IT Cosmetics and I have received this sample before and have some product left, so I'll be placing this one in my stash. It goes on really heavy, so use the tiniest amount possible. I applied it first with my finger and then found it necessary to use a foundation brush to blend it. It has medium to heavy coverage. I'd say medium for those with dark circles. For me it's heavy coverage since I just have puffiness, not dark circles. It doesn't appear to make my wrinkles any more noticeable which is nice and hard to find in a concealer when you are over 35 to 40. I'm not going to try the Estate Cosmetics Highlighter because I just got an entire highlighter palette from Boxy Charm which also has a purple one. That will be going in my blog sale box to be sold when I finally get around to doing a blog sale again. I've received the Kloraine Dry Shampoo before and I love that brand, they have the best shampoo and conditioner for blonde hair. I like the dry shampoo, I'm just not crazy about spraying alcohol on my sensitive scalp. I use it on those days when the hair near my scalp starts to appear oily. It definitely gets rid of some of the oil which is very important when you have fine, straight hair since it's so noticeable. The F.A.R.A.H. brush picks up quite a bit of blush and it applies well. I'd give it an average rating, it's certainly not as good of a quality as IT Cosmetics' brushes are. It's soft and it does the job. I like to have several blush brushes in use, so that I don't have to wash one just to apply a different color, so this brush will be perfect for that.

I'm a happy camper this month. Ipsy treated me well and I just applied some reward points for a F.A.R.A.H. foundation brush which will be sent for free in my March Ipsy bag. If you haven't tried Ipsy before, I dare you to sign up and give it a try for at least one month. It's fun and it's a nice, inexpensive treat to look forward to receiving each month. I recommend spending some time on your profile to make sure you don't receive products you don't want. If you are a subscriber, what your favorite product this month? I can't pick just one this month, my favorites are the blush, brush and the concealer.

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates - cash back for online purchases 

Check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years and check out January'sDecember's & November's IpsyShare this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking the boxes:
  

Don't forget to follow this blog via Facebook
&

Have a PEACEful Day!



No comments