Boxy Charm Subscription Box Review - January 2018


Boxy Charm - Rock 2018


This is a review of a monthly cosmetic subscription box called Boxy Charm. It costs $21 a month including shipping and they send at least five full sized cosmetics with a retail value over $100. This is my first month and I received the following products:
  1. Crown Pro - Glam Metals Palette, made in China, retail value $25.00
  2. Pür - Bronze & Brighten Cheek Palette, made in Taiwan, retail value $34.00
  3. It Cosmetics - Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil in Universal Taupe, made in Korea, retail value $24.00
  4. Girlactik - Matte Lip Paint in Demure, made in the USA, retail value $23.00
  5. Dr. Brandt - Pores No More Luminizer Primer, made in the USA, retail value $38.00
The retail value for this month's box is $144.00! That's quite the bargain! Basically, you're paying less than the cost of one of the products and getting the rest for free! I see why it's so popular. They have a beauty profile for customers to fill out, but there are only two versions each month. This month the second box's only difference was a different brand of lipstick, everything else was the same.

I was most anxious to try out the brow pencil since I love the It Cosmetics brand, so I tried that out first. It's suppose to work for lots of shades of brows. I was quite skeptical since I have dark blonde eyebrows. To my surprise this actually works on my brows, it looks pretty good and it can be done fairly quickly. It's not a product I would have bought on my own due to it's price unless it was in a set which makes it discounted. I've heard of Pür before and thought of them as a good brand from the US, so I'm surprised this cheek palette is made in Taiwan. I searched their website for info and they say their products are made in the US "unless otherwise noted". Their website also says they are cruelty free. It's a nice sturdy palette with a mirror and quite a bit of product, it should last a long time. I like the quilted design on top and I like coral, peachy blushes on my fair skin tone. I'm anxious to give it a try this weekend. I've received a sample of Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Primer before and I liked it. It has a light skin tone color than blends out clear. It's moisturizing which is good especially during the winter months. I'm happy to have the full sized version and I'll enjoy using it. It's another product I wouldn't purchase due to it's high price tag. That's what's so good about these subscription boxes, it's such a bargain. I wont be using two of the products, Glam Metals Palette & Girlactik Lip Paint. I will sell or trade the Glam Metals Palette and I tried the lip paint and it was horrible. The lip paint has the worst applicator I've ever tried, it's not soft and it wont allow a for a crisp line. It has a goopy consistency and it's an ugly dark brown color that looks horrible on fair skin. It's much darker on the lips than in the bottle. It's the worst lipstick I've ever tried. I don't use cosmetics that are made in China since they have very low standards when it comes to cosmetics. It would give me too much anxiety to use the eyeshadows even though the eyeshadow colors look so pretty and are really tempting me. Recently Claire's recalled some made in China cosmetics that have asbestos in them, so scary! Do Chinese cosmetics made you nervous? I'm going to start up my blog sale again soon since I'm getting quite a collection of cosmetics that I wont be using.

Spoiler alert, Boxy Charm has already revealed two of the five products in next month's box: CoverFX's new eyeshadow Shimmer Veil in Amethyst & a three piece Crown brush set. Sounds great, so why don't you subscribe today! Do you peek and find out what's coming in your subscription boxes or do you have self control and prefer it to be a surprise when it arrives? I don't have self control, I seek out spoilers.

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates - cash back for online purchases 

If you are a subscriber what your favorite product this month? If you are not a subscriber, what's keeping from you giving it a try? Check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. Share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking the boxes:


Please follow this blog on Facebook:

Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments