Macy's Beauty Box 3rd Shipment - October 2017


October 2017


This is a review of a monthly cosmetic subscription box from Macy's for $15 a month. The retail value of the October box is $55.97 not including the $5 coupon and cosmetic bag. Bargain! Included in the 3rd shipment were the following products:
  1. StriVectin - Multi-action Stress Defense Hydrating Water Gel, made in the USA, .35 fl. oz, $12.14 retail value
  2. Elizabeth Arden - Superstart Skin Renewal Booster, made in the USA, .17 fl. oz., $11.39 retail value
  3. Smashbox - Photo Finish Foundation Primer, made in the USA, .25 fl. oz., $9.00 retail value
  4. Yves Saint Laurent - Black Opium eau de parfum, made in France, .04 fl. oz., $2.27 retail value 
  5. Lancôme - Énergie de Vie Water Infused Moisturizing Cream, made in the USA, .5 oz., $16.17 retail value
  6. Origins - Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, made in USA, .5 fl. oz., $5.00 retail value
  7. $5 Coupon - $5 off a product from Macy's Beauty Dept.
This month they sent all skin care product samples except for the perfume. It's disappointing there isn't even one makeup product. Though the retail value is much better this month, so I'm happy about that. I really like the Lancôme brand. The moisturizer they sent is pretty good so far. It sinks into the skin quickly and it leaves the skin feeling less dry. The Elizabeth Arden Renewal Booster can be used prior to a moisturizer. I'll be trying that tonight. I've received the Smashbox's Primer sample so many times in subscription boxes. I prefer Laura Geller's or Julep's Primer. Black Opium smells yummy. It has notes of coffee and vanilla bean with jasmine. I like it a lot. It reminds me of Jessica Simpson's Fancy. I look forward to trying the StriVectin sample also. I've received a sample of Origins Charcoal Mask before and I've purchased one in a Sephora set. I really recommend it, it works really well. It is a bit messy getting it off though, so I like to use it just prior to my shower. I used my previous Macy's coupons on a Five Piece TonyMoly Mask Set. It's on sale, I used a coupon and Mr. Rebates, so it was a real bargain. I'm really into sheet masks lately. They are great for relaxing. I keep them in the refrigerator so they cool my face and aid in the relaxation process while resting on the bed. Give it a try! You may find you it aids in falling asleep. It's worked for this insomniac. 

I noticed they are showing all the products for the November bag already and it looks really good. Plus, they are giving us a $10 coupon instead of $5, yippee! Spoil Alert - the products for November are: perfume sample Gabrielle from Chanel, Mac Makeup Primer, Lancôme Mascara Primer, Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara, Beauty Blender Blotterazzi Pro and Tarte Matte Lip Paint. I'm looking forward to that bag! The cosmetic bag is a sparkly black bag, it looks pretty. Have you subscribed to Macy's Beauty Box yet? If not, what's keeping you from taking the plunge? If you received a box this month, what did you think about the product samples they sent? Check out what I received in my Macy's September Beauty Box.

Also, check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to compare it to Macy's Beauty Box. In addition, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. Plus, don't forget to enter my current giveaway before you leave. 

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates -5% Cash Back from Macy's

Be a pal and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here:

Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments