Isn't It Romantic Movie Review - February 2019



Isn't It Romanic

Starring:

Rebel Wilson
Liam Hemsworth
Adam Devine
Priyanka Chopra
Betty Gilpin
Brandon Scott Jones
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 


This is a review of a movie called Isn't It Romantic that was released in theaters yesterday, February 13th. It is rated PG-13 and it's one hour and twenty-eight minutes long. I wish it had been about thirty minutes longer, it seemed so short. I gave it four out of five stars. Immediately after watching it, I wanted to watch it again which I hate to admit since it was a really silly movie. If I had rented it on DVD I would have watched it again immediately. I found it to be a fun, happy, silly movie rather than a laughing out loud one though many of the other theatergoers were laughing. For instance, the main character, Natalie played by Rebel Wilson had a lot of physical comedy and I didn't find it funny when she fell down or got hurt. Her best friend played by Betty Gilpin was made to look frumpy and I couldn't place where I knew her from. So I looked it up when I got home and she played a very pretty doctor on Nurse Jackie which is where I know her from. Wow, they did a great job of making her not look as attractive and she did a great job acting like a different character which seems rare in Hollywood these days. It seems so many actors just play the same character over and over. I must say though I prefer her personality on Nurse Jackie rather than in this movie. All of the characters had very simple backgrounds that seriously lacked complexity and the plot was predictable. The most entertaining parts were the dancing scenes. It's not really worth seeing in the theatre since most of the scenes were clearly done on a set and not on location which brought down the value of the movie. It appeared that all of the indoor scenes were done on a set. This movie could easily be made into a musical on Broadway. There are a lot of supporting characters, the three main male actors were really fun to watch. Her neighbor, co-worker friend, and the dreamy guy all did a great job, so the casting was well done. Check out the trailer to see if it's a movie for you:



I recommend this movie for Rebel Wilson fans, those who like movies with lots of dancing and those that like physical comedy. Thankfully, Rebel didn't do any of her usual crude jokes which I can't stand and all of her cursings were bleeped which really frustrated her character. It's the perfect movie to see solo or with your girlfriends. I don't recommend dragging your boyfriend or husband to see this one unless he's gay, the payback could be brutal. Send a link to this blog post to your girlfriend to invite her to see this movie, it will be fun! The bar scene was my favorite part. If you saw this movie, which was your favorite?

What movies have you seen lately? Next movie on my list is What Men WantFeel free to browse around my blog before you leave. Take a look at my Movie Reviews Pinterest Board to see what other movies I have reviewed. Be a pal and share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!




No comments