HomeWorx by Harry Slatkin Ceramic Basketweave Pumpkin Candle Review


QVC's Harry Slatkin Figural Ceramic 14 oz. Pumpkin Candle


I ordered this candle back in August and it wasn't shipped until September 21st. It arrived yesterday on the 25th. It was $39.92 and they didn't offer easy pay. A couple days later when 6 easy payments were offered I reordered it and canceled the previous order. It's still listed at the same price, it's item number is H215781. It also comes in white.

It's a very large pumpkin coming in at 8 inches in height and it has a 9-inch diameter. The pumpkin has a matte finish and the leaf is painted in a highly reflective goldtone. The four wick 14 oz. candle inside the pumpkin is Autumn Pumpkin which is described as pumpkin, orange, cardamon, cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. Immediately it reminded me of Bath & Body Works' Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin which use to be sold under the Slatkin & Co label years ago.  It also reminds me of Bath & Body Works' Pumpkin Pie candle which they didn't bring back this year. It's my favorite of the two. This candle smells like a combination of the two. It smells like a pumpkin pie with lots of comforting spices. I don't smell any orange. This is one of my favorite candle scents, so I'm loving this one. As soon as I opened it's shipping box I could smell the candle so I knew that was a good sign. At first, it has a throw of 7 out of 10 and as a couple hours go by it has an amazing throw of 9. After about three hours it was almost melted on top from side to side. I had to go to bed, so I couldn't wait any longer. The wicks are not perfectly centered, they were placed closer to one side, so on the other side is where it wasn't melting. The candle has a burn time of up to thirty hours. They used too much ceramic glaze in the center of the lid right below the leaf, so much that you can't see the basketweave pattern under it. Also, there is a dot of white showing through and it's rough. The bottom is rough, so be careful when you place it on a delicate table. It's in need of some felt pieces to protect whatever you place it on. The orange paint wasn't perfectly applied near the bottom's edge, but I don't notice it while it's sitting, if I pick it up I can see the imperfections. From a distance, the imperfections aren't noticeable. I'm a collector of Harry's figurals, so this will make a nice addition to them. I have a little apple, pumpkin, pinecone, acorn, and pear that look nice next to it. They are from his 2009 collection. I know because they are signed and dated. I wish the QVC ones were signed and dated also. I miss those days when his figurals were affordable when they were on sale or I used a coupon at Bath & Body Works. Plus, the shipping costs keep me from ordering more from QVC. It's also nice to be able to go into the store and select the best one, one without imperfections. Have you purchased any of his figurals from QVC? If so, what are your opinions of them? 

Be sure to check out my previous Slatkin reviews of the TSV set in Holiday, the TSV set in Harvest and the Fruit Basket TSV

Bargain Alert:

QVC - $5 off your 1st purchase using code "FIVE4U"
QVC TSV Preorder Links - September & October
Mr. Rebates - cash back online shopping

I invite you to follow my blog via FacebookPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin', or Instagram. Please help me out by sharing this post via Twitter & Facebook:

Have a PEACEful Day!




6 comments

Kate said...

pretty

Nicole said...

It's a beautiful candle, it really has a lot of presence. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! When his three wick candles burn and the sides don't burn, I just scrape the sides with a knife and put the wax in the center, so it burns the next time I light it. Just a little tip I found, not sure if you're able to do it with the curved edges of the pumpkin though.

Nahi said...

Oh I'm glad I saw this review you did. I was wondering what it smells like because I was worried it might smell too much like the old candle from B&BW called "Pumpkin Patch." I do love the SCP candles they made though. Thanks Wendy. It really is a stunning container for his candle.

Wendy Webster said...

ty, Kate :)

Wendy Webster said...

Yeah, I've done that also if the wicks are long enough and don't drown. It wasn't necessary, it pooled out faster the 2nd burn to the edges, but I can see to the bottom already, it's not deep, only a few inches :( It's not as deep as the last Slatkin pumpkin figural I bought in 2008.

Wendy Webster said...

I'm not a fan of Pumpkin Patch either, just SCP and Pumpkin Pie. yw, Nahi :)