Ipsy Subscription Box Review - March 2018


Create - Ipsy March 2018


This is a review of a monthly subscription box called Ipsy for only $10 a month including shipping and handling. This month's theme is create. They sent us markers to color our bag. Check out hash tag "ipsycreate" to see member's creations. It appears they sent out various colors of markers. The retail value of my March bag is $64.88. I think that's the highest value I've ever received. Bargain! The following products were sent:
  1. Tarte Cosmetics - Sex Kitten Eyeliner, made in China, .1 g, $10.00 retail value
  2. Steve Laurant Beauty - Lip Oil in Orchard, made in China, 3.2 g, $18.00 retail value
  3. Royal & Langnickel - Mōda Prismatic Ombre Fan Brush, $5.00 retail value
  4. Goldfaden MD - Facial Detox Mask, made in the USA, .68 oz, $26.00 retail value
  5. Veneffect Skin Care - Pore Minimizing Cleanser, made in the USA, .5 fl. oz. $5.88 retail value
I was shocked to receive my bag yesterday since I usually don't receive my bag until after the 15th and I haven't received a shipping notification. Perhaps it was because I redeemed some points for a free brush which they send with the monthly bags. Unfortunately, they didn't send the brush instead they send two sheet masks. I emailed them and they replied within hours even though the confirmation email said they would take twenty-four to forty-eight hours to get back to me. They said they would be sending a replacement that would ship in five to seven days. I'll update you on that next month, hopefully I'll receive it by then.

The only brand I recognize this month is Tarte. I think it's the smallest eyeliner sample I've ever received. I thought it would be liquid, but instead it's a creamy pencil that twists up. The full sized version comes with a smudger on the other end and it must be wider. This one is so narrow and short, it's not easy to use. I'm not a fan of waterproof eyeliner since it's so hard to remove. I was excited about the lip oil until I read the ingredients and saw mineral oil listed and that it's made in China. Mineral oil isn't good for the skin, so I'll pass on trying it. I love the fan brush. It's so pretty and the bristles are soft. It has less bristles than higher end brushes though. Suggested uses for a fan brush are fanning away fallout from eyeshadow, applying highlighter or bronzer. I think I'll use this one for fallout. Lately, it seems like I get so much fall out. The detox mask is for acne prone skin, so that's a miss. I have dry skin with no acne. I'll give it a try though since it says it minimizes the appearance of pores. Off to try it now. I'm back after trying it. It smells like Vicks Vapor Rub and it's quite a strong scent. I don't care for that scent in a mask. After it's on a bit, it starts to have a cooling sensation. It dries in about ten minutes. After I rinsed it off, it appears to have calmed my skin and reduced some of the redness. My skin feels smooth and soft similar to after I've used an exfoilant. I'm happy with the results. Never heard of a pore minimizing cleanser, I'm going to use it now since I just ran out of cleanser. I'm back from giving it a try. It's easy to rinse off which I prefer, so I can get the job done quickly. It doesn't lather up which is also good and it appears it toned down some of the redness. As far as pore minimizing, I'm sure that will take several uses. I think it's a cucumber scent, I can't quite figure it out. So far I like it, I'll keep using it and see if it continues to help with redness and make a change in my pores. Sample sizes are perfect for use in the shower since they take up so little space.

My favorite product this month is the fan brush. My least favorite is the lip oil due to the ingredients. I really wish they would send more brands that are high end and available at Sephora and Ulta. That's why Play! by Sephora is my current favorite cosmetic subscription box. Which one is your favorite? 

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates - cash back for online purchases 

Check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years and check out February'sJanuary'sDecember's & November's IpsyShare this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking the boxes:


Don't forget to follow this blog via Facebook
&

Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments