Plated Food Subscription Box Review - Part 4


Ingredients for Cheesy Quinoa Casserole with Brussel Sprouts & Cauliflower



Results in Baking Dish


This is a review of the fourth dish Hubby & I have made from the subscription box called Plated. It's a weekly food subscription box company that ships to your door all the ingredients needed to cook three recipes of your choice. I can't tell you how much fun Hubby & I have been having with this subscription! I had put off subscribing since I thought we couldn't keep up with so many new recipes. But I knew we needed to liven up our dinners since they had become so boring that we were eating out too much. Don't get me wrong, Hubby is an awesome chef & I'm a good baker, but having the same dishes for twenty six years gets old. We had tried new recipes over the years but I was usually frustrated with finding all of the ingredients in the store, found the recipes tedious and the results weren't always that tasty. So we really have been enjoying this subscription since their recipes are easy, the ingredients are provided and the results are delicious, so the effort is rewarding. 

I asked Hubby which of the three recipes he wanted to try first and this recipe was his choice. I laughed because there is no meat in it which he soon discovered. The recipe was easy and quick to make. I had never tried quinoa, purple potatoes nor bussels sprouts before. That's one of the many benefits of this subscription, they push you to cook with ingredients you haven't used before. This dish was really yummy and it felt like a nutrient boost since there were so many healthy ingredients. Hubby thought it was best suited to be a side dish since it doesn't have any meat in it. Having been a vegetarian once upon a time I didn't feel that way at all. I have to be careful about eating so many vegetables in one sitting due to IBS, the reason I gave up being a vegetarian, but this dish didn't bother my stomach at all. This recipe made two and a half servings, so I'll be having the leftovers for lunch. It was both filling and satisfying. I love how they already shredded the cheese and brussels sprouts for us saving us lots of time. I was surprised how easy the quinoa was to cook. The only thing I'd change about this recipe is adding a spice other than salt & pepper, but I'm not sure which spice would be best suited. Any ideas? This was a fun & easy recipe to cook and I look forward to the next two recipes this week.

Check out the other Plated dishes we cooked:

Spaghetti with Ricotta Beef Meatballs & Marinara Sauce
Seared Chicken with Mushroom Sauce & Twice Baked Potatoes
Ricotta Corn Empanadas with Spinach in Honey Vinaigrette
Japanese Style Shrimp with Avocado Grapefruit Salsa (coming soon)
Sweet Potato Skillet Lasagna with Turkey Sausage (coming soon)

Be sure to drop by again soon to check out the other recipes we will be cooking and sharing on my blog. Have you tried one of these type of food subscription boxes?  If so, what was your experience like?  Please comment below, don't be shy!

Bargain Alert - $30 off your 1st box from Plated, click here.


Follow Me on Pinterest, Google+ and/or Instagram 

Share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:



Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments