Chuy's Mexican Restaurant - Raleigh, NC



Photo of the Front Exterior. Entrance on the right side, outdoor seating in the rear.



Tortilla Chips, Salsa & Creamy Jalapeño Dip



Chicka -Chicka Boom-Boom



Fajita Chicken Soft Tacos


Thankfully, another new restaurant has opened in the RDU area!  We are really in the need of more restaurants! This one is called Chuy's Mexican Restaurant located in North Hills. So I just had to try this one since the reviews on Facebook were impressive for this restaurant chain based out of Texas.  They have been open a few weeks now and we visited on Saturday around 2 pm.  There was a bit of a wait for a table. After being seated, more waiting to receive chips, salsa and drinks.  Thereafter, the entrees came in a timely manner.  Chips are refilled with a scoop.  I forgot to take a picture when the basket was full because we were so hungry.  The chips are amazing!  They are the thinest I've ever had and they have a crunch like a potato chip.  These chips are highly addictive!  The salsa has a sweet flavor with a spicy after taste.  It's very good and it's chunky with pico sized pieces of tomato.  The creamy jalapeño dip tastes like ranch dressing with the addition of some jalapeño.  I didn't think I would like that, but it's really good.  I mostly ate the salsa, since the creamy dressing has many more calories. I ordered the Fajita Chicken Soft Tacos and Hubby ordered the Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom since it was recommended.  My tacos had only a few pieces of chicken in them and the chicken was dry and lacked spices.  The flour tortillas had too much flour dusted on them and they were falling apart while I was eating them.  The beans were so salty I couldn't eat more than one bite and I love salty food and tend to over salt.  I would have liked a dab of sour cream to go along with my tacos especially since the chicken was dry. The pico and guacamole were yummy, but were small portions. I didn't try the fried rice because that would upset my stomach. Looking at the menu online now, I notice that we were suppose to be asked which of the sides & dips we wanted since there are many options.  Hubby's Chicka-Chicka Boom-Boom sauce was delicious.  Hubby shared a couple bites with me.  Not sure if I could handle the entire meal since I have a sensitive stomach, but it was really delicious.  His chicken was also dry and his beans over salted. Hubby didn't care for the fried rice, he said it was dry and had hard pieces in it. The atmosphere is very festive, but the air conditioning was blowing too much.  They have tables and booths.  We really wanted to love this restaurant, but it fell short.  Would we go back?  I'd say we would give them a second chance, but since they have a sign on the door that says "No Guns", we will not be returning. Citizens have the right to protect themselves against criminals, if they have a concealed weapon permit.  How extremely disappointing!  Have you tried any local restaurants lately that you can recommend?  My favorite restaurants in the area are Bosphorus, Sushi Thai, Melting Pot, An New World & Chipotle.  

More Restaurant Reviews:


Check out my Pinterest Restaurant Reviews Board for more reviews in the Triangle and Triad. I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin', or Networked Blogs.

Share this restaurant review blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Chuy's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments