China Glaze's Whirled Away & For Audrey Manicure


From the Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away Collection 



For Audrey (2 coats) with Whirled Away on top (1 coat)



China Glaze's For Audrey (2 coats) with no top coat!


When I found out about the Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away Collection I did some research on the line and decided I had to have three of them.  This is my first purchase of any China Glaze nail polishes.  I think it came out very 50's retro and I'm pleased with the results, since that was what I was aiming for.   

For Audrey is a beautiful color meant to duplicate the color of the Tiffany & Co store boxes.   Named after Audrey Hepburn since the store was featured in one of her movies called Breakfast at Tiffany's.  This color is fabulous and it's so glossy it doesn't even require a top coat!  Though I do recommend a top coat to maintain a chip free manicure.  The application of this color was a bit tricky since it's very thin and dries quickly.  I found I had to be careful not to have too much polish on the brush and had to work quickly.  As soon as I was done with the middle and one side it was drying too fast to finish the other side without issues.  This would probably be a great polish for water marbling since it's so thin.  It's such a pretty color, it's worth dealing with those issues.   

Whirled Away is also a challenge in the application process.  First you need to decide how many bars and octagons you want on your nails.  I recommend spending a little practice time on faux nails before applying on your own.  You have the option of brushing it on or dabbing it on.  I found that dabbing it on caused bubbles in the clear base, so brush it on as much as you can.  Sometimes the brush had nothing but the clear base on it when I pulled it out of the bottle.  I noticed that a lot of the pieces were sticking to the inside of neck of the bottle when I was trying to get less clear base on the brush, so that's where I pulled the pieces to dab on.  That way there was very little base clear polish going on with the pieces and it limited the amount of bubbles.  So to summarize, brush on a couple strokes and then go back and stroke the brush on the inside neck of the bottle and dap those pieces on the parts that are blank.  It's really a personal choice, some like less or more pieces on the nail.  I tried to go light on the pieces without having any blank spots and had more pieces than I really wanted.  Today I found out that China Glaze came up with some more top coats similar to this one but with glitter bars and octagons instead of matte called Glitz 'N Pieces and I'm really looking forward to trying those in February.

To see the haul these polishes arrived in, click here.  I will be posting tomorrow a manicure featuring It's a Trap-eze also from the Cirque du Soleil Worlds Away Collection.

So what do you think of what I came up with and did you purchase any from the Cirque du Soleil Word Away line polishes?  Please chat with me by commenting below!  I look forward to seeing the Cirque du Soleil movie.

Feel free to share this information with friends on Twitter & Facebook:


Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments