Thai Harmony Restaurant Review - Winston Salem, NC

102 West 3rd Street
Winston Salem, NC  27101
(336) 842-5532


Interior Decor


Soup of the Day - free (click on photos to enlarge)


Vegetarian Spring Rolls - $4.99


Sushi Lunch, Earthquake Roll & Salmon Roll - $9.99


B7 Lunch Bento Box Sashimi - $10.99


Bento Box's Sashimi


This is a review of a restaurant called Thai Harmony located in downtown Winston Salem, North Carolina. It's located in the Liberty Plaza Building on the ground floor. Hubby and I visited last Friday at 2 pm. They only had a couple of customers, so this is the perfect time to visit for those of us who don't like crowded restaurants. So many restaurants close between 2 pm and 5 pm that we had very few to chose from since we were running late. I had wanted to try this restaurant and since we had to go downtown for business anyway, it was the perfect location that day. They are open Monday through Friday 11 am to 3 pm & 5 pm to 10 pm. Saturday their hours are 5 pm to 10 pm and Sunday they are open from noon until 9 pm. We found a parallel parking spot right in front of the building, but I read on their Facebook page that they offer free parking in the parking garage located on 2nd Street and Town Run Lane. The parking meter only takes quarters and it costs one quarter with a one hour time limit. We had a hard time finding their sanitation score, but we finally did and it's 93%. It's located on the far right side of the bar. The ceiling is very tall and next to the booths there are huge windows all along the side which feature a view of the surrounding buildings. When we arrived we were seated right away at one of those booths by a very friendly Asian lady, which I suspect may be one of the two owners.

While we were trying to decide what to order, the soup of the day arrived which comes free with lunch. It had a chicken broth base with little chunks of white potato, thin slices of carrots and scallions. It would have been tasty if it had arrived hot, but it was barely warm so we didn't finish it. Six minutes later, I decided on the Bento Box called B7 and Hubby decided on the Sushi Lunch which offers your choice of two sushi rolls. Nine minutes later we were brought two complementary Vegetable Spring Rolls which were nice and hot and not greasy. Hubby detected a hint of cinnamon which we have never had in a spring roll before, it was a nice addition. It's described as "carrots, celery, shiitake mushroom and jicama wrapped in herb with rice paper". Eight minutes later our Sushi and Bento Box were delivered to the table, which was seventeen total minutes after we ordered. Hubby loved the Salmon Roll which is described as "Salmon and Scallion". He wasn't crazy about the Earthquake Roll which is described as "Spicy Tuna, Scallion, Masago, Tempura Flake and Avocado". He plans to order something other than the Earthquake Roll next time along with the Salmon Roll. I love Bento Boxes because they offer a little bit of this and a little bit of that, so it's never boring. So I just had to order a Bento Box when I noticed it on the menu. I especially love Sashimi and Tempura so I ordered the B7 Bento Box which had both. B7 is described as "3 Pieces Sashimi with California Roll, Vegetable Tempura and Seaweed Salad". The Sashimi shown above was separate from the Bento Box in it's own little bowl and it was beautifully presented and scrumptiously delicious. I always try to save one piece of Salmon Sashimi for my last bite since it's my favorite. I was surprised to receive so many pieces of Sashimi since it said only three pieces. Unfortunately, the tempura arrived warm not hot, but the eggplant, carrot and onion were fresh and tasty. I found the California Roll to be very fresh and the rice cooked properly. I'm picky about the rice on my sushi rolls, I like it to be freshly cooked and the proper stickiness. I'm not a fan of Seaweed Salad so I didn't even try it, so I can't comment on it's quality. Look at the cute little soy sauce teapot in the photo above! They also have low sodium soy sauce which was offered without even having to ask. While the soup and Tempura weren't hot enough, we plan to try this restaurant again soon since everything else was delicious, the service friendly and attentive and it was a lovely and calm atmosphere. I felt they appreciated our business which is very important to me. I thought it was really kind of them to bring us a complimentary appetizer while we waited for our sushi and we especially appreciated it since we were delayed that day and couldn't eat until late. I also appreciate the fair prices! $10.99 for a Lunch Bento Box and $9.99 for two sushi rolls are very good prices. Soda is $2.50 and they have quite an impressive bar with many choices of wine, beer, sake and cocktails. Check their Facebook page for daily specials.

If you would like to read more about this restaurant and the Thai owners who are mother and daughter, check out an article about them here. I highly recommend you give this Thai restaurant a try as soon as you can. While we didn't order any Thai dishes, they have many to chose from on their menu. Their website is only showing their lunch menu at this time, so be sure to check out their full menu on their Facebook page hereIf you have eaten at this restaurant, what was your experience like? What's your favorite Thai restaurant in the area?

Update - We have visited a couple more times and plan to return a fourth time soon. We went another time but forgot they were closed for lunch on Saturdays. We've ordered a lot more sushi. On our third visit, May 22nd, we tried three fried rolls: Bagel Roll, Ichiban Roll and Mega Power Roll. They arrived hot and they were all delicious. We decided our favorite fried roll is the Ichiban Roll. If you like asparagus, I recommend you try that one. If not, then I recommend the Bagel Roll. On our second visit we ordered the Philadelphia Roll, the Earthquake Roll again along with the Shrimp Tempura Appetizer. The Shrimp Tempura Appetizer arrived hot, perfectly cooked and it was scrumptious. We will definitely order that again soon. Our favorite sushi so far is the Ichiban Roll, Bagel Roll, Philadelphia Roll & the Earthquake Roll. On Sundays they serve a Homemade Egg Custard Pandan Bread Basket while you wait for your entree. It has a lovely green custard dip that's served with white bread and it's delicious. Every visit the service has been wonderful. They appreciate their customers and recognize those that return. The owner even brought out a cute Hello Kitty Soy Sauce for me since she knows I'm a Hello Kitty fan. I highly recommend you give this restaurant a try soon. Check out all my photos by clicking here. I recommend street parking in front of the building on 3rd Street, we always manage to find a spot there. It costs one quarter on weekdays and it's free on weekends. All of their menus are now on their website. Check them out: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner Menu.


I invite you to follow my blog via InstagramPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin' or Networked Blogs. Also, be sure to browse around my blog since I'm sure you'll find something else that interests you. To see a full listing of my restaurant reviews, visit my Pinterest Restaurant Reviews BoardShare this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Thai Harmony Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments