Sultan's Deli Restaurant Review - Apex, NC

1459 Beaver Creek Crossings
Apex, NC  27502
(919) 367-6007




I visited Sultan's Deli on a Tuesday around 1:30 pm. They are open from 11 am to 9 pm daily except on Sunday when they close one hour earlier. Their health score is currently 96.5 which sounds good, but their windows are filthy and I found it very unappetizing. They have had scores as low as 85. When I visited they had a couple of customers, but plenty of booths and tables were vacant. 




They have a large menu on the wall with lots of choices so it took me a while to find what I wanted. It's a bit hard to read since it's so near the ceiling. For those that are short, it's too high. See the menu below.


The drink choices aren't listed and when I asked he seemed annoyed by my question. Orders are placed at the counter and drinks are self serve to the right of the counter. They had no ice and the soda machine wasn't working well that day so my drink wasn't cold. Once your order is ready they call you to pick it up though I saw one person had their meal delivered to their table. I guess they were regular customers and they get special treatment. As a new customer, I didn't feel welcomed. I chose the Lebanese Platter. It includes baba ghanoush, tabouleh, falafel, hummus and grilled pita with your choice of chicken, lamb (with beef) or gyro meat. It costs $8.99 for one kebab and $10.99 for two but I was charged $2.50 instead of $2.00 for the second one. I ordered chicken and lamb. 




Lebanese Platter 2nd Lamb - $8.99 + $2.50

The hummus and pita were tasty though it was a small portion of the hummus. The tabouleh was ok. I took one bite of the falafel since I normally don't like it and this was no exception. The chicken kebab was ok, but I didn't care for the lamb kebab, the flavor was beef instead of lamb and I didn't care for the texture. Overall I didn't enjoy the experience and I do not plan to return.

What's your favorite Mediterranean restaurant in the Triangle? Ours is Bosphorus in Cary. Check out my other restaurant reviews before you go.


Have a PEACEful Day!



No comments