ScentWorx Slatkin Candles from Kohl's - Fall & Winter Review 2019



To my surprise, I have only purchased ScentWorx candles for fall and winter this year. Bath & Body Works hasn't received one cent from me this season which is a first in many years. After purchasing the Scarlet Leaves Candle from Kohl's I was hooked. It's very similar to Leaves which Harry Slatkin developed for Bath & Body Works many years ago. I really like that ScentWorx candles feature thick glass, I don't need to worry about it shattering when burning. I've heard some Bath & Body Works candles have shattered if they have a hairline crack that you may not even notice. I also love the retro colors many of which remind me of the '70s. The White Pine green glass is my favorite, I'll have to find a use for the jar after the candle is done. If your eyes are sensitive to light, these colored glass jars are perfect! They have a wonderful candlelight glow without the harshness I find with clear glass jars. These 14.5 oz. 3-Wick candles retail for $26.99, but the majority of the time they are on sale for $15.99-$19.99 or 2 for $35.00, plus you can use coupons and Kohl's spendable cash. I paid around $10.00 for all of the ones I've purchased which is a bargain! I'm always at a loss as to what to spend my spendable cash on so these candles have been perfect! I order online and pick them up at my local store since there are some online-only coupons and I don't purchase enough for free shipping. Sign up on their email list and check retailmenot.com for coupons and don't forget to use Mr. Rebates for cashback.

I'm starting this review with Pumpkin Spice, it smells a lot like Sweet Cinamon Pumpkin from Bath & Body Works which is a Slatkin creation. It's a comforting bakery scent that I enjoy every fall. It has notes of fresh pumpkin, nutmeg, maple wood, and cinnamon bark. It's similar to the smell of pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread baking in the oven. It has a good throw and it's burning at a good rate which is up to 40 hours. It's in a pretty dark orange glass jar which is especially pretty when the sun shines through it, see below:


Actually, all of the glass jars are especially pretty in the sunlight, candlelight or the glow from the fireplace. In the photo above, check out the White Pine candle you can really see that rich avocado '70's green, love it!

Next on the list is Spiced Pinecone. It has notes of pinecones, oak leaves, Indonesian clove, cinnamon woods, and Canadian pine. I've really been enjoying this one, it's unique and I find it has a slight sweetness that is so enjoyable. It's in a dark brown glass jar and it has a medium throw.

Snowfall is an in a very pretty light blue jar, it would be lovely in a bedroom. It has notes of frozen pear, cashmere woods, and sugared mint. It has a crisp fresh clean mint scent followed by a slightly sweet pear. Finally, a slight perfumey scent comes out that compliments the mint making it sophisticated. It's really lovely and I find it to be a clean and calming scent perfect for a rainy day. It will clean the room of any nasty scents without being overwhelmingly minty. On cold, it has a very strong mint scent which I wasn't fond of, so I'm glad I gave it a chance. It reminds me not to be so judgy before burning candles. It has a medium throw in an open concept room.

White Pine has notes of white pine, snow caped fir needles, cypress, and iced birch woods. If you enjoy pine scents but find some of them are too strong, this one is for you. It's not such a obvious pine scent since it's more sophisticated and complex than most  Christmas tree scents on the market. If you aren't a fan of Fresh Balsam from Bath & Body Works which some find too overwhelmingly piney give this one a try. I love Fresh Balsam and Evergreen, but I also enjoy this one. It's a nice change.

Campfire Woods has notes of autumn leaves, mountain air, birchwood, and smoky woods. It reminds me of Marshmallow Fireside from Bath & Body Works which is one of my favorites. Think of a wood-burning fireplace with a slight hint of sweetness. It's lovely! Gas fireplaces are convenient, but wood-burning fireplaces are so much more delightful with the crackling sounds and smells of hardwoods. If you love that scent, buy this one.

Sugar Cookie has notes of vanilla bean, buttercream, spun sugar and sugar crystals. It is similar to Bath & Body Works Merry Cookie but not as sweet. I find I blow that one out after a couple of hours since it's so strong. Sugar Cookie can be burned much longer since it's not too sweet and the wicks don't start to smoke. The ScentWorx version smells exactly like sugar cookies baking in the oven. This is how I described it in my last haul post which was posted by ScentWorx on Instagram:

 
So far I've already bought seconds of Sugar Cookie and Cinnamon Wreath, so they are my top two favorites. Based on how much I've burned the candles in this haul in order of preference are Spiced Pinecone, Snowfall, White Pine, Campfire Woods, and Pumpkin Spice. The ScentWorx wicks are perfect, you either don't have to trim them at all or just a tiny amount. There is no smoking so you can keep them lit for hours. They are a bit slow to pool, so don't light one unless you can commit to more than an hour to burn them or you risk tunneling. 

Well, there you have it, my 3rd ScentWorx review. The only fall and winter candles I haven't reviewed are Winter Night, Sugared Plum and Holiday Cheer. I may pick them up if they have another great sale and multiple coupons. I'm anxious to see what they will come up with for spring and summer. Harry Slatkin is also selling his candles under the name HomeWorx on QVC. They also feature thick glass and they are mostly 4-Wicks. They are a bit pricier but they occasionally go on sale and they offer TSVs. Check them out

Have a PEACEful Day!


#RewardedByQVC

4 comments

Mardi said...

Thank you for the review! I am heading to Kohl's tomorrow and had no idea they sold these candles. I was debating on buying from QVC but like to smell them before purchasing.

Wendy Webster said...

You're welcome, Mardi! Some Ulta Stores have the HomeWorx Slatkin QVC candles, so you may be able to visit your local store for a sniff. Call your local store or search their website and click on store availability, then enter your zip code. Let me know which ones you pick.

Mardi said...

I got sugar cookie. Wow! It is wonderful. I went to kohl’s. I’ll look at ulta the next time I’m at the mall. Thank you for your reviews. It is very helpful.

Wendy Webster said...

Mardi, you're welcome! Glad to be of help :) I know, it's the most authentic cookie scented candle I've found. Glad you are enjoying it also.