ScentWorx by Harry Slatkin Fall & Holiday Review - Kohl's Exclusive

ScentWorx by Harry Slatkin Fall & Holiday Review - Kohl's Exclusive

ScentWorx by Harry Slatkin Scarlet Leaves 14.5 oz. Candle


Harry Slatkin is now selling a new line of candles exclusively at Kohl's called ScentWorx.  As you may know, he has been selling a line called HomeWorx exclusively at QVC the last couple of years. They are now available in select Ulta stores. The Kohl's version has jars that are made of thick colored glass and they are very heavy. The lids are also made of glass and the jars have an octagon shape. The lid's seal is very tight, it takes a bit of strength to pull it off the jar. They have a burn time of 40 hours, three wicks and are made in the USA. They have colored wax and a sticker label. These are the following fall scents now offered which I placed in order of my preference:

  • Scarlet Leaves - juicy apples, vanilla, nutmeg, cedarwood, and white cinnamon
  • Campfire Woods - autumn leaves, mountain air, birchwood, and smoky woods
  • Pumpkin Spice - fresh pumpkin, nutmeg, maple wood, and cinnamon bark
  • Orchard Hayride - autumn apple, Bosc pear, nutmeg, rum, and dried fruits
  • Vanilla Chai - vanilla sugar, warm clove, ginger, and sweet molasses
  • French Vanilla Pumpkin - white pumpkin, whipped vanilla, white chocolate, and macadamia nut
  • Pumpkin Patch - pumpkin, pumpkin latte, whipped vanilla, macaron, and spun sugar
  • Warm Apple Pie - Granny Smith apple, brown sugar, Macintosh cider, and baked pie crust

I used my $20 Kohl's cash to pay for the Scarlet Leaves candle. Out of the eight scents that was the one I liked the most. The other ones I would consider purchasing are Campfire Woods and Pumpkin Spice. They are currently on sale for $14.99 and recently they were on sale for $19.99 and their retail price is $26.99. They are a bit cheaper if you buy them in sets of two. 

The Scarlet Leaves Candle smells just like Leaves from Bath & Body Works which was a scent developed by Slatkin many years ago. They still sell it, just not with the Slatkin & Co. name. It's described as "crisp red apple, golden nectar, and warm clove spice". They are currently on sale for $14.50 and after a 20% off coupon, they cost $11.60. Their candles go as low as $9.00 on sale, but mostly they are on sale between $10.00 and $12.00. They have a 45 hours burn time and are also 14.5 oz. They have much thinner glass and they are shorter. Above you can see one of Bath & Body Works Candle Holders which the new Kohl's Stalkin Candles fits on. I wouldn't recommend using it if you have young children or clumsy dogs or cats since it is very tall and it could easily fall over if hit. The Bath & Body Works candles are less likely to fall over since they are shorter. The Kohl's version took two hours to pool meaning melt from edge to edge.  We could smell it shortly after lighting it. It's wise not to burn the candle if you don't have enough time to let it pool. If you extinguish it before it pools then it will start to tunnel and never melt from edge to edge. I'd say the Kohl's version is a bit less strong than the Bath & Body Works version. I like the thicker colored glass more than the mostly clear glass. You also don't have to worry about the glass bursting due to a hairline crack that you might not see on a Bath & Body Works candle. I like the pretty glow of the flames seen through the colored glass.

Campfire Woods smells very similar to Bath & Body Works' Marshmallow Fireside which smells wonderful. If you like that one odds are you'll like the Kohl's version. Pumpkin Spice smells like Bath & Body Works' Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Candle which is one of my favorite fall candles. Vanilla Chai smells like coffee, it doesn't have enough spice to smell like Chai. I like the scent but Hubby fills the house with the scent of coffee every morning making his favorite morning beverage. French Vanilla Pumpkin smells like sweet coconut. I'm not sure I would like that scent filling the room. Pumpkin Patch has a very weak fall spice scent, I can't recommend it. Orchard Hayride has a pleasant green apple scent. Warm Apple Pie has a fake cider scent and is the worst one which I thought would be my favorite. Have you purchased one of these candles yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts, comment below.

Oh my, I just found the holiday candles online while researching for this blog post. Wow, take a look at the O' Christmas Tree, Sugar Cookie, Sugared Plum and Cinnamon Wreath containers, they are so beautiful:


I'm not happy that they are selling holiday candles so early since I want to enjoy fall now and not worry about missing out during the holidays due to the early sellouts. Bath & Body Works is also selling their holiday candles already. They use to wait until closer to Halloween.

Also, in the photo is my new ceramic Staub Pumpkin Cocotte. I'll use it to warm up soup in the microwave and as a decoration. I highly recommend it. I also bought their Artichoke Cocotte. I love their little cocottes!

#RewardedByQVC

Have a PEACEful Day!