Ricci's Pizzeria Restaurant Review - Cary, NC

10100 Green Level Church Road
Cary, NC
(919) 380-8410



Exterior View


Interior Decor


We visited an Italian restaurant called Ricci's Trattoria on a Saturday at around 3:30 pm. They are located in Cary, North Carolina. If you are taking NC-540, use the Green Level Church Road exit. They are open from 4 pm to 9 pm on Monday, Tuesday to Thursday from 11:30 am to 9 pm, and Friday & Saturday from 11:30 am to 10 pm. Sunday they are closed. Their health score is currently 97 which is very good. There were only two other customers, so this is a good time to visit prior to the dinner rush. Carry-out pizza business was steady. I've been searching the Triangle for nineteen years and I've finally found an Italian restaurant that I can call my favorite. Yeah, I'm picky and Ricci runs a tight ship, I'm very impressed. All of the friendly staff greeted us upon our arrival and when we left. In addition, the staff was busy cleaning and preparing for the dinner rush instead of being on their cell phones or chatting with each other like so many other restaurants these days.

We were immediately seated at a booth and the friendly waitress took our drink orders. They have several booths and lots of tables as shown in the photo above. She swiftly brought our drinks to the table. Hubby decided to get an appetizer and chose the Bruschetta. It's one of our favorite appetizers, but we are very picky and rarely are we impressed. It came out about five minutes later. It was absolutely scrumptious though we would have preferred four pieces, so we didn't have to share the 3rd piece. It is described as "plum tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, red onions, olive oils, and balsamic glaze served on top of garlic crostini". Oh my, I'm warning you if you try this you may crave it shortly thereafter! The balsamic glaze was fabulous. Check it out below:



Bruschetta Classico - $9.95


After devouring the Bruschetta I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana with a House Salad and Hubby ordered the Veal Parmigiana with Fettucini. Our entrees arrived in only ten minutes. The Chicken Parmigiana is described as "lightly fried breaded cutlets baked with homemade marinara, mozzarella, and Parmigiano. Oh my, it was perfection! The flavors were amazing, the sauce was fabulous, the chicken was hot & cooked perfectly and it was not over breaded. Just thinking about it is making me want to drive over there now and relive the joy I experienced. The Sorrentino which Hubby ordered with veal is described as "prosciutto, eggplant, roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, and sherry wine sauce". This sauce was a bit different, I had to give it a taste. I think if I could only choose one of the two sauces we tried I would order that one, but the other sauce comes in a close 2nd. I think you will be pleased with either one. These entrees are perfection, I wouldn't change a thing. Hubby's fettuccine had a wonderful texture and it was delicious. I think I'll go with pasta as my side instead next time. Check out our amazing entrees:


Chicken Parmigiana - $9.95



Vitello Sorrentino - $11.00


Our waitress offered freshly grated parmesan for our entrees which I appreciate. The Insalata di Casa (House Salad) is described as "mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, red onions, and black olives. It was fresh and delicious. They removed the seeds from the cucumber, lovely! I ordered the ranch dressing which was too runny for me, I prefer thicker salad dressings. Check out my salad which arrived five minutes after I ordered: 


We inquired about the garlic knots, thinking perhaps they came with the meal. She said they only had two left and brought them out. Look at the craveable creation: 


Wow, this was a superb experience! Excellente! It looks like their pizza is a must also, so many people were getting it to take home to family. They have weekday lunch specials: pizza by the slice for $2.50, two slices & a beverage for $6.25, pizza & salad for $5.75 or panini & soup for $9.00. Pizza choices are NY Style, Sicilian or Grandma. 

I highly recommend you visit this restaurant very soon! We were going to visit again on the 4th of July, but they were closed. So if it's a holiday, expect them to be closed. From a quick look at their facebook page, they close for vacation in the summer and several days for Christmas. I can't wait to return! Since Hubby is on a low carb diet, we can't visit as often as I would like. I have over 140 restaurant reviews on this blog, so be sure to click on "restaurant review" on the top menu and take a look at some more reviews. Also, check out my Restaurant Reviews Pinterest Board. What's your favorite restaurant in the Triangle?

Update: We visited a 2nd time in July and we both ordered the Sorrentino, one veal and one chicken. The sauce was different this time, not as good and not enough. The pasta was not cooked properly, it was tough so much that I ate just a couple bites. The chicken and veal were overcooked, dry and not breaded. The portion was much smaller this time. The breaded eggplant was the only tasty part. The waitress ignored us after delivering our entrees. We wished we had the same waitress as before. It was a very disappointing visit quite the contrast to our 1st visit. The garlic knots were scrumptious again. I took some home and reheated them later, very tasty even reheated. 

Have a PEACEful Day!

Ricci's Trattoria  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


No comments