Macy's Beauty Box Review - June 2019



Summer Wanderlust


The theme for June is Summer Wanderlust which includes products for summer getaways. This monthly subscription box costs $15 including shipping. The retail value of this months box is $69.53 not including the $10 coupon nor the cosmetic brush bag. Included in the June Macy's Beauty Box were the following products:

  1. Ahava Mineral Body Lotion, made in Israel, 1.3 fl. oz., $4.43 retail value
  2. Lancôme Advanced Génifique Eye Cream, made in the USA, .2 fl. oz., $26.80 retail value
  3. Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque, made in the USA,  .5 fl. oz., $6.17 retail value
  4. Elizabeth Arden Retinol Ceramide Capsules, made in Italy, 7 capsules, $11.19 retail value
  5. Chloe Nomade Eau de Parfum, made in France, .04 fl. oz., $2.11 retail value
  6. Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil, made in the USA, 5 ml, $10.84 retail value
  7. Foot Petals Fancy Feet Cushions, made in China, 1 set, $7.99 retail value
  8. Cosmetic bag for brushes
  9. $10 coupon

Ahava Body Lotion's main ingredients to moisturize are aloe vera and witch hazel. It is a very thin lotion. I'm not crazy about the scent, it smells a bit like plastic with an artificial floral scent. I've tried this one before and it's not one I'd purchase. I prefer Beekman 1802's Body Lotion. Lancôme's Eye Cream is for reducing dark circles, hydration and to smooth skin. They were supposed to send a sunscreen but substituted with the eye cream. It has a thick, gel consistency. My favorite eye cream is Tatcha's Revitalizing Eye Cream. I've been using it for three years and every time I run out I immediately notice the fine lines returning. It works so quickly too, I love its remarkable formula. Wei East's Eyes Alive takes 2nd place. Kiehl's Masque is supposed to exfoliate leaving skin soft and smooth. I'm not sure how much it can exfoliate due to the texture of the masque. It's not easy to use as an exfoliator since it sinks into the skin so quickly and it's quick to dry. I was afraid the turmeric would stain my nails since when I cook with turmeric it does. Fortunately, this doesn't stain, but it makes me think there isn't much turmeric in it or it would certainly stain. It left my skin a bit dry, not fond of the results. It was difficult to rinse off, I recommend doing so in the shower. Those seeds just didn't want to come off! Elizabeth Arden's Capsules are supposed to minimize wrinkles and improve texture and tone in one month. It has a bit of a silicone feel to it. It leaves my skin feeling oily then after about ten minutes it sinks in more and feels less oily. Usually, retinol irritates and drys out my dry, sensitive skin. Chloe has notes of freesia, Mirabelle plum, and oakmoss. I'm not crazy about it. It smells like a cheap perfume to me. The Sunday Riley Face Oil includes evening primrose oil, ginger root extract, golden turmeric, and pomegranate seed oil. It has a very earthy scent and it leaves a bit of an oily look. It's supposed to reduce redness and improve luster. I've found that any product that reduces redness has to be used daily for a month to see results and once you stop using it, unfortunately, the redness returns. Why are these products so expensive! Every time I've tried cushions for shoes they have been uncomfortable since they raise my already extremely high arch. I prefer to buy shoes that already have a cushion in them such as Vionic Shoes. This month they sent a cosmetic bag that has elastic bands which hold makeup brushes' handles. It would have been nice if they included a makeup brush rather than the Foot Petals! I wish they would stick to the makeup and skincare theme.

My favorite product is the Lancôme Eye Cream. My least favorite product is the Foot Petals. If you received this month's box, which is your favorite? I canceled this subscription to save money. It is my favorite of all the cosmetic subscriptions.Check out my Macy's Beauty Box Pinterest Board to see all of the other monthly bags I received. 

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates Cash Back from Macy's
Ten Days of Glam @ Macy's - 50% off


Have a PEACEful Day!




No comments