Bath & Body Works Winter Candles - Empties Review




These are the winter candles from 2017 that I finished this fall. I like to burn winter candles year round since they are some of my favorites. I finished the following:
  1. 'Tis the Season - rich red apple, sweet cinnamon, and cedarwood
  2. Fresh Balsam - woodland balsam, crisp eucalyptus, fir branches, and cedarwood (It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year label)
  3. Spiced Gingerbread - spiced gingerbread, vanilla icing, sparkling cinnamon sugar, and fresh ground nutmeg (Better Not Pout label)
  4. Merry Cookie - fresh baked cookies, sparkling sugar crystals, and rich vanilla (Dear Santa, Enjoy the Milk & Cookies label)
  5. Peppermint Marshmallow - crushed peppermint, fluffy marshmallows, and powdered sugar (Dear Santa, I Just Want a Unicorn label)
Most people weren't fans of the sayings labels, most of us prefer the glittery or cute labels. I'm happy to report that this year the labels are much improved. Just click on the names of the candles above and it will take you to a photo of what the labels look like this year. Fresh Balsam has come out in many different labels. Currently, there are five labels to choose from, crazy! Also, note that some of the formulas are a bit different. The first three are the same as the description above, but the forth & fifth ones are described as "made with pine, cedarwood, and eucalyptus essential oils". I have both versions and I find the one described above isn't as strong as the other version which has more pine. The one above has more cedarwood and eucalyptus. You can't go wrong with either version, they are delightful. I prefer this year's version of Spiced Gingerbread, it's more authentic. It's described as "vanilla icing, cinnamon sugar, and fresh ground nutmeg. The old version has a bit of a musky scent, and the nutmeg is too strong. I also thought the Merry Cookie last year was a bit musky. I've preferred previous editions which smells like cookies baking. Some versions smell a bit too sweet to me, so it's not a candle I buy loads of, just one or two a year. Peppermint Marshmallow has a different description this year, it says "made with peppermint and spearmint essential oils with notes of powdered sugar and marshmallow". Some people absolutely love this one, but I'm not a big fan since I'm not a fan of spearmint and I don't smell any marshmallow. It smells mostly like a sugary candy cane to me. 'Tis the Season to me is a fall candle packaged for winter, apple screams fall not the holidays. I'm not a big fan of this one, I buy one every couple of years. 

Well there you have it, I'm pretty good at using all my candles within a year. A few scents I get a bit sick of and keep for the next year. Usually, with a year off, I'm back into those scents and loving them again. What are your favorite winter candles this year? My new favorites are Spiced Gingerbread Swirl and Yuletide. I'm waiting on my candle day order to arrive, it finally shipped and it's suppose to be here next Tuesday. Can't wait! I'm pretty sure this is the longest I've ever waited for an order to arrive. I think they sold more this year due to the online exclusives. They forced those who normally don't order online to do so to be able to purchase the coveted Pink Petal Tea Cake candle. To me it just smells like roses, so I've been burning one for a year now, not impressed. When is your order suppose to arrive if you ordered? Tomorrow the candles are suppose to go on sale for $12.95 again and you can use a coupon to lower the price even further. If there is a fall or winter scent that you love, don't wait too much longer to snag it, the selection is quite limited after candle day. They have already started selling the spring candles. 

Bargain Alert:

$10 off $30 - code "SNOWEDIN"
Mr. Rebates - cash back for online purchases

Check out my last Bath & Body Works haul. Feel free to browse around my blog before you leave. Check out my Bath & Body Works Pinterest Board for links to my other blog posts featuring Bath & Body Works products. Be a pal and share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!



3 comments

Unknown said...

I picked up gooey marshmallow on a whim and I love it! The other one I really like is Winter and I also like fresh balsam. I had fun this year with their sales.

Wendy Webster said...

I didn't buy that one, does it smell like marshmallow? So many that are supposed to smell like marshmallow don't. Yeah, Winter & Fresh Balsam are at the top of my favorite list. I enjoy them year round.

Unknown said...

It does! It smells like a s'more but not sickly sweet. More of the toasted marshmallow smell.
Do you also get their body products?