19th Hello Fresh Meal Kit Review & $40 Coupon


Thyme & Honey Pork Chops over Couscous with a Peach Salad


Ingredients


Balsamic Fig Chicken with Sweet Potatoes & Mixed Greens


Ingredients


Sesame Beef Tacos with Quick Pickled Veggies & Crema


Ingredients


This is a review of our 19th delivery from a weekly food subscription box called Hello Fresh. This week calories ranged from 520 to 710 and preparation time stated on the recipe cards ranges from twenty-five to forty minutes. Actual preparation time ranged from thirty to fifty minutes. We gave all three recipes four out of five stars. Our favorite recipe for the week was the Thyme & Honey Pork Chops.

Thyme & Honey Pork Chops over Couscous with a Peach Salad

We gave this recipe four out of five stars and it was our favorite recipe for the week. It was scrumptious and amazingly comes in at only 520 calories yet it was a generous portion. Both the vinagrette on the salad and the sauce on top of the pork chop were incredibly delicious. Hubby skipped the honey and used stevia instead for the dressing to make it low carb. The pork chops were tasty and the peach was a nice addition to the salad. This one took fifty minutes to prepare while the recipe card states forty minutes. 

Balsamic Fig Chicken with Sweet Potatoes & Mixed Greens

We gave this recipe four out of five stars. We loved the fig jam sauce on top of the chicken, it was so yummy. It's made with shallot, rosemary, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, stock concentrate, water, butter, salt, pepper and fig jam. We've had the dressing before and it was delicious. It's simply made with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. The only issue was the salad, it had gone bad by the time we went to make it on the third day. We think it was because one of the small ice packs on top was sitting next to it. I emailed them to let them know a few minutes ago and they already emailed me back. They credited my account $10.35 which is generous. They are also notifying the shipment team of the issue. This one took forty minutes to prepare just as stated on the recipe card. It had 710 calories and it was a generous portion.

Sesame Beef Tacos with Quick Pickled Veggies & Crema

I gave this recipe four out of five stars. It was very tasty and quick to make. This one states it should take twenty-five minutes to prepare and it took me thirty minutes. I made it for dinner and since Hubby was out of town, the second portion was my lunch the next day. I changed a couple things, I didn't cook the cabbage or the scallions and I warmed the tortillas in the skillet rather than the microwave. I also skipped pickling the radishes and cucumber since I can't eat anything pickled. I didn't add the radish slices to my tacos since I'm not a fan of radish. The combination of cucumber, cilantro and scallions had a wonderful flavor and texture. I liked it so much that a few days later I added that combo to my curry chicken salad wrap and it was tasty that way also. I really enjoyed the chili crema made with sour cream and Korean chili flakes, scrumptious. It was fun to try a different type of taco than the one with standard Mexican ingredients. It had 710 calories and it was a generous portion.

It was another enjoyable week from Hello Fresh and I'm happy to report they have really stepped up their game lately. I'm expecting another shipment this Friday. What's your favorite food subscription box? If you haven't given this one a try yet, be sure to snag my $40 coupon to join in the fun today! For only $19.94 you can receive your first box, so what are you waiting for, click the link and have fun choosing your three recipes. Check out all the recipes we have made so far on my Hello Fresh Pinterest Board

Bargain Alert: 

Hello Fresh - $40 off which makes your first box only $19.94 for 6 servings!
Home Chef - $30 Off which makes your first box only $29.70 for 6 servings!

I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin', or Networked Blogs. Please share this post via Twitter & Facebook:


Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments