Orly's Mirrorball Manicure




This is a manicure featuring Orly's nail polish called Mirrorball. It's a silver holographic nail polish that is highly reflective in the sunlight or artificial light. Indoors this polish looks mostly gray with a bit of glitter, so this would be best suited for days that the sun will be out. It would be perfect for an vacation mostly filled with days spent outside. I've worn many other holographic nail polishes that are reflective indoors also, so this one is disappointing in that way. But it's still worth purchasing because of the wow factor outdoors. I was also impressed by it's chip resistance. This manicure lasted twelve days without chipping on nine nails. My right index finger chipped at the right corner's edge a couple days into wearing, but I repaired it and it didn't chip again. I could have gone several more days, but I was ready for some new polish and the growth line at the cuticle was bugging me. I used a base coat of Perfect Formula's Manicure Booster, followed by three coats of Mirrorball and one coat of Seche Vite top coat. The formula is a bit sheer so it will take three coats. I added another coat of Seche Vite a couple days later and then another coat a week later to restore the shine and keep it from chipping. I find Seche Vite dulls after several days and especially after I wash our four dogs! I really enjoyed wearing this polish and I would recommend it especially for those with a cool skin tone like myself rather than warm. They also have a gold version that would be perfect for warm toned skin. This one apparently came out around last December for the holidays, but I was too busy moving to hear about it until months later. While it would make for a lovely holiday polish, I also think it's perfect for summer! What do you think of this polish and what's your favorite holographic nail polish?

I have eighty manicures featured on this blog. Take a quick glance at them all on my Pinterest Manicure Board. Then simply click on the ones you want to read about on my blog, since they are linked to the matching blog post.

Before you leave don't forget to claim your Free Graze Box and enter my latest Blue Apron Subscription Box Giveaway worth $59.94!

Follow Me on Pinterest, Google+ and/or Instagram
Share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments