Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Grand Opening: Tasu Asian Bistro Restaurant Review - Cary, NC

525 New Waverly Place
Suite 103
Cary, NC  27518
(919) 977-4037


Exterior View


Interior View


Bang Bang Shrimp - $9.95



Hot & Sour Soup



Hawaiian Poke Bowl - $12.95



Chirashi-Don Sashimi - $17.95



Fried Ice Cream - $6.95



This is a review for a new restaurant in Cary, North Carolina located in the lovely Waverly Place shopping center called Tasu Asian Bistro. They have several locations in the Triangle, but this one just opened. It's located next to the Cin√©Bistro. Hubby & I visited last Saturday around 2 pm. They had quite a few customers which was surprising since it was after the lunch rush. Their menu has so much to offer that you may want to check it out prior to your arrival if you are in a rush. They offer buy one get one sushi if you purchase a drink. They also offer Pho, salads, Poke Bowls, sashimi, Thai recipes, hibachi, noodle dishes, curry dishes, appetizers, desserts and even burgers.

I was so excited to see a Poke Bowl on the menu since I haven't found a restaurant in the area that offers them. So I knew I had to order that. It was a matter of deciding which size would be filling enough. I decided on the one with two proteins for $12.95. They also offer one or three proteins. If you aren't really hungry and ordering a appetizer, I'd say go for the smallest one. If you have a lunch appetite order the medium one and if you are really hungry I'd recommend the largest one. It was so scrumptious that just thinking about it is making me want to drive there now and order it! I can't wait to return and enjoy it again! You can chose between a rice or salad base. I chose the salad base with salmon, tuna, ginger dressing and a side of eel sauce for fifty cents. I skipped the seaweed salad since I really don't like it at all. I asked for the ginger dressing on the side, but it came on the salad. I was ok with that because none of the dressing was on top of the fish and they used just the right amount of dressing. I dipped the fish in the eel sauce, yummy! It's one of the best meals I've had in a long time. Prior to that we ordered the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer and it was very tasty. Hubby said it's not as good or as spicy as Bonefish Grill's version, but for me who hasn't had the other version it was delicious. If it wasn't so pricey, I'd order it a lot. It took about ten minutes for the appetizer to arrive, so I recommend ordering your appetizer with your drink.  Hubby ordered the Chirashi-Don Sashmi which has twelve pieces of sashimi. Wow, look at it's photo above, what an artful presentation! Hubby said it was delicious. His favorites were the red snapper and salmon. He wished it had more pieces than twelve though. There is a larger size, but it's $25.95 for sixteen pieces and at $17.95 that's high enough a price for us especially when also ordering an appetizer. His entree came with salad or soup and he chose the Hot & Sour soup. He said it was in the top five he's had lately, but not the best. I tried a bit and it was tasty. Our entrees arrived seven minutes after the soup arrived. Since my parents were in Cary and already ate, they dropped by for dessert. They ordered the Fried Ice Cream. Hubby and my parents shared it since it was such a large portion. They said it was tasty, the ice cream was very cold and the batter is made with tempura. The waitress was very nice and most of the time attentive, but she did appear to have a newbie approach. I'm sure she will get more confident with time. It was a very enjoyable experience and we will return very soon. I think we've found a new favorite restaurant which gives me joy! I'll have a hard time ordering anything other than the Poke Bowl though since it was absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend it and this restaurant!

What's your favorite Asian restaurant in the Triangle? I invite you to follow my blog via InstagramPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin'Networked Blogs and Zomato. Also, be sure to browse around my blog since I'm sure you'll find something else that interests you. To see a full listing of my restaurant reviews, visit my Pinterest Restaurant Reviews Board

Please share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:


Tasu Asian Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, no links please.