Panera Bread Grand Opening Restaurant Review - Fuquay Varina, NC

1330 N Main Street 
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526 


Exterior View


Interior Decor

The Fuquay Varina Panera Bread Restaurant opened a few days ago, so I had to check it out. I ordered via their Mobile App. They have three 5 minute pick-up parking spaces across from the front doors. My food was waiting for me when I arrived on a shelf on the left side of the pick-up window inside. You can also order at the cash registers which are near the entrance. Another option is to use their self serve registers or order at your table via their app. Plus, they have a drive-thru which is currently not listed online. They also offer nearby delivery.  If you order inside they will give you a beeper that will let you know when it's time to pick up your order at the pick-up window located in the dining room. I arrived around 2 pm on a Thursday and it was very busy especially since that's after the lunch rush. They have two sections in the dining room. There are some booths and various tables. The decor is lovely. I decided to order the You Pick Two which offers your choice of two from a selection of a half sandwich, a half salad, a cup of soup, half mac & cheese, and one flatbread. I chose soup and a sandwich, shown below:


Broccoli Cheddar Soup & Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich - $8.98

The Broccoli Cheddar Soup was very creamy, warm and tasty with chunks of broccoli in it. It has 230 calories. It's a small cup, you may want more, it's so yummy! It's sold in some grocery stores. The half sandwich of their Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich has 310 calories. It also comes with a French Baguette as shown below. It was tasty also, but don't forget butter on your way out the door. You can switch out the Baquette and select from an apple, chips, a summer fruit cup for $1.99 extra or a sprouted grain roll. The Chicken Salad Sandwich was very tasty. I would have preferred it on wheat bread. I forgot to customize it. I found it was a bit skimpy on the chicken salad, so I think I would order extra salad for $1.29 next time. I wasn't given a spoon even though my receipt said utensils. Next to the beverage machines near the cash registers are condiments, but the spoons were missing. I asked where they keep the spoons and an employee brought one out but didn't put out any for others. So they don't offer spoons for customers near the condiments? I thought that was strange. I purchased a Sourdough Bread Bowl to be used for my next soup lunch. I ate the baguette for a snack and the Everything Bagel will be eaten for breakfast. I love Everything Bagels, so I look forward to having that one half at a time with cream cheese. The Chocolate Chip Muffie will be cut in half and warmed up for two snacks. 


Sourdough Bread Bowl $2.09, French Baguette (comes with You Pick Two, Chocolate Chip Muffie $1.99, and an Everything Bagel $1.09

I've had their Chocolate Chip Muffie before and it was delicious. I wish they had some other flavors since I prefer them over a large muffin.  I recommend using their app for ordering so that you get rewards. I used one of my rewards for $4 off this order. The total came to $10.88 with the discount. What's your favorite thing to order at Panera Bread?

This was a far better experience than I've had at the Holly Springs location. I recommend you give the Fuquay Varina location a try soon. If you don't like crowds go between lunch and dinner or order via drive-thru. Be sure to check out my other restaurant reviews, they are listed on my Restaurant Reviews Pinterest Board.

Have a PEACEful Day!

Panara Bread Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato






2 comments

Terra Heck said...

There's a Panera Bread in my town but I only eat there every few months. It was recently renovated like the one you have pictured. I like their food but think it's a tad expensive.

Wendy Webster said...

Yes, it's so expensive to eat out these days. Fast food gives me sticker shock, I remember $3 value meals and $2 Happy Meals. Cookout has decent prices, 2 can eat for $10.