Macy's Beauty Box Review - March 2019


Galactic Muse 


This is a review of the March Macy's Beauty Box. This box costs $15 per month including shipping. The retail value of this box is $77.30 not including the $10 coupon and the cosmetic bag. Included this month were the following products:
  1. Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peeling Gel, made in the USA, .5 fl. oz., $7.05 retail value
  2. Skin Gym Rose Quartz Eye Maskmade in the China, 1 mask, $5.00 retail value
  3. SK-II Facial Treatment Essencemade in Japan, 1 fl. oz., $33.14 retail value
  4. Stila Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow in Fairy Tail, made in the USA, full size .153 fl. oz., $24.00 retail value
  5. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powdermade in the USA, .12 oz., $4.68 retail value
  6. Mugler Alien Eau de Parfummade in .04 fl. oz., $2.40 retail value
  7. Mugler Alien Man Eau de Parfummade in  .04 fl. oz., $1.03 retail value
  8. $10 off Coupon
  9. Cosmetic Bag
My favorite perfume is from Mugler called Angel and I also like Alien, but not as much. I have purchased the full size of both perfumes in the past. I was happy to see they included one for men, I shall see if I like it on Hubby when he returns from his business trip. I love eye masks, but they are so expensive. I will save this for a special day or after a night of crying. I always leave them on longer than the instructions recommend. This one says to use it for five minutes, I usually leave them on for half an hour. It recommends using it 3-4 times a week, wow that would be expensive! The cosmetic bag is really cute, but it grabs the attention of my dogs when I pick it up, it makes that crinkling noise that is often added to dog's toys and they love that naughty sound. I'll have to keep it out of reach from them or keep dog treats in it. Any time I open a Ziploc bag they think it's for them. Ok, next item is the Stila eye shadow. I really have grown to prefer liquid eye shadow since it's quick and easy to apply and it lasts longer. This one has a pretty gold metallic background with lilac glitter on top and when you move it appears the opposite as a pinky metallic background with gold accent. It's a beautiful duochrome! If you add a heavy coat it will look as it does in the container. If you rub or blend it out with a brush while it's still wet it will have a bit of gold with lots of lilac glitter. I'd recommend adding some gold or brown eyeshadow underneath prior if you are blending it out. You'll need to work quickly since it dries fast. Once it's dry it has staying power. You'll need to use an eye makeup remover for sure. I've heard a lot about SK-II, ladies rave about it. I think this is my first sample from this brand. It is pricey, the full size retails for a whopping $179.00 for only 5.4 ounces. This is a toner that is supposed to make you look young while evening out your skin's tone and texture. It's supposed to remove dark spots, why do spot remover cosmetics cost SO much! I tried one from Lancôme that worked, but as soon as I stopped using it, sadly the spots returned. I couldn't afford to buy it, it was a complimentary sample in return for a review. I haven't used a toner since my skin changed with age from combination to dry. This one feels moisturizing which is different and it smells pretty good, maybe fruity, not sure. Darn, I just read the label and it has parabens in it, not good. You'd think for that price they could leave out the bad stuff. I'm so tired of receiving Laura Mercier Setting Powder in subscription boxes! I'm not a fan, I prefer Julep's or Guerlain's setting powders. I'm in need of the Peter Thomas Roth Peeling Gel, winter has been a roller coaster here with warm temps followed by chilly. Just a few cold days with low humidity and my dry skin has patches that need exfoliating. This one works ok, but I find I get the best results from Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate and Boscia's.

It's hard to pick a favorite product this month since I'll be using all but one. So I'll just say my least favorite product is Laura Mercier's Setting Powder. I will enjoy the sample of Alien though my bottle still has some left so perhaps I'll stick it in my handbag. I look forward to wearing the eye shadow and I like the sturdy pretty container. You could put it in your handbag for use at night. Just wear plain brown or gold eyeshadow at work then add the Stila eyeshadow on top and go out to dinner with Hubby! I'll be making time to use the PTR Peeling Gel weekly. I'm very disappointed that Macy's doesn't offer free shipping anymore when we use our coupons online. I tried the pick up in the store option instead and I can't believe they only give me 7 days to pick it up or they will cancel my order! Plus, you don't know when the 7 days starts until they send you an email notice which in this case was 4 days after I ordered. Since it's a long drive and in an area that I don't frequent it is not convenient. The coupons always made up for their higher price point, about $5 higher than the competition. Now that it's difficult to use the coupons I will be considering canceling my subscription as I'm sure others have done. Though this month the retail value of this box is super high! I'm not subscribed to any other boxes so maybe I won't cancel. Has this issue made you unsubscribe? If you received this month's box which product is your favorite? This month's box was one of my favorite that I have received so far. Check out my Macy's Beauty Box Pinterest Board to see all of the others.

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates Cash Back from Macy's

I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitter, Bloglovin'and Facebook. Share this post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:

Have a PEACEful Day!


2 comments

Nicole said...

I have heard wonderful things about the SK-II brand, so I'm anxious to hear what you think about it!

Wendy Webster said...

Stopped using it, I think it was causing pimples and I rarely get them. Not a fan of the parabens either.