Serenity Movie Review - February 2019



Serenity

Starring:

Matthew McConaughey
Anne Hathaway
Diane Lane
Jason Clarke
Djimon Hounsou
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️


I'm a big fan of Matthew McConaughey so when I saw the trailer for Serenity I  decided I had to see it. After reading the bad reviews I hesitated, but I decided it was worth a try for $5 on discounted Tuesdays. It was released on January 25th. It is visually entertaining, so I'd say it's worth a visit to the theatre if you don't mind the ticket price. Matthew's acting was as always very entertaining though he drank so much I felt drunk on a Diet Coke! I wish they had picked a different actress than Anne Hathaway. I just didn't buy her act for that character. I use to be a bigger fan of hers, but now I feel like she just does the same character and while she may have tried to branch out with this movie she simply failed. I never thought I'd see a movie with Matthew and Anne together and certainly not as lovers. She's not pretty enough nor seductive enough so her acting really took this movie down from four out of five stars to three stars. Diane Lane was also a bad choice though I really love her acting. She had her robe on seconds after having sex. If she's not willing to show some nudity she shouldn't be doing love scenes anymore. They also aren't believable as a couple.  Also, her character lacked complexity. There is a cool twist in this movie with no hint of it in the trailer, check it out:



This is the type of movie that you can really escape into so much so that you are still feeling the craziness on your way home. I enjoyed the ending. This movie is classified as a thriller and a drama. I really didn't find it to be a thriller, just a drama with a twist. I can't talk about the plot much without giving away the twist. Let's just say I'm glad I saw it despite the bad reviews and I recommend you go see it if you are a Matthew McConaughey fan. It's definitely a must-see on DVD. Just make sure you don't read any spoiler reviews since the twist is such an important part of this movie for entertainment value.

What movies have you seen lately? Next movies on my list are What Men Want and Isn't It Romantic. Feel free to browse around my blog before you leave. Take a look at my Movie Reviews Pinterest Board to see what other movies I have reviewed. Be a pal and share this blog post with your friends via Twitter & Facebook:



Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!


2 comments

Terra Heck said...

I'll more than likely watch this when it comes out on DVD. Seems good, if even to watch once. I'd also like to see What Men Want. I may be going this weekend to theater to watch that one.

Wendy said...

Let me know what you think of What Men Want, it's next on my list. Just reviewed Isn't It Romantic.