63rd Home Chef Review & $30 Coupon


Ranch Chicken Quesadillas with Corn and Jalapeño Salsa


Ingredients


Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Roasted Peanuts


Ingredients


Chicken Moutarde with Roasted Green Beans


Ingredients


This is a review of our 63rd delivery from a weekly food subscription box called Home Chef. This week we gave one recipe five out of five stars and two recipes four stars. Calories ranged from 549 to 843 and preparation time stated on the recipe cards ranges from 20 to 40 minutes. Actual preparation time was 45 to 60 minutes.

Ranch Chicken Quesadillas with Corn and Jalapeño Salsa

I've never had salsa made with fresh corn, olive oil, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice before. It was really tasty and I enjoyed it. Quesadillas are like the Mexican version of an American grilled cheese, so yummy! This one is simply made with sliced chicken, ranch seasoning and shredded cheddar cheese. The ranch seasoning was a lovely addition. We gave this recipe four out of five stars and I'd like to have it again soon. Just looking at the photo is making my mouth water. It had a wonderful range of flavors and textures. It has 843 calories and it took 60 minutes to prepare while the recipe card states 35 minutes for preparation. If I see this recipe available again, I'll be sure to order it.

Orange Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Roasted Peanuts

I've ordered Home Chef's Beef Lettuce Wraps many times, but this is the first time trying their chicken version. While these have fewer calories coming in at only 549 calories, I prefer the beef version. We gave this recipe four out of five stars. It's an easy recipe that took 45 minutes to prepare while the recipe card states up to 30 minutes. The orange sauce mixed with sriracha was delicious though Hubby added twice as much sriracha since we love our food extra spicy. Don't hesitate to order this winner. 

Chicken Moutarde with Roasted Green Beans

While the photo of our recipe results may not look very appetizing, we gave it five out of five stars. It was scrumptious! It's the perfect low carb & low-calorie recipe for those that love cream sauce, red pepper flakes, and mustard. It only has 522 calories and 17 carbs. The high-quality chicken was tender and moist and the mixture of the grainy mustard and cream sauce was tasty. I'm not a big fan of green beans so I'm impressed that just the addition of garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and olive oil turn them into a yummy creation. The recipe card states it will take 40 minutes to prepare while it took Hubby 47 minutes. This is another winning recipe from Home Chef!

It was a lovely week of delicious meals that we really enjoyed. What are you waiting for, snag the $30 coupon, chose your ship week and select your recipes today. Join in the fun! If you are already a Home Chef member, what recipes have you been most impressed with lately? 

Take a peek at the 227 recipes we've made on my Home Chef Pinterest Board. We are expecting our next delivery on the 12th and it will include Brasserie-Style Sirloin Steak with Truffle Fries and Herb Butter, Breaded Italian Chicken with Cauliflower Mash and Greek Spinach & Feta Chicken with Zucchini & Yellow Squash. Which recipes did you choose?

Bargain Alert:

Hello Fresh Meal Kits - $40 Off
Home Chef Meal Kits, Smoothies, Fruit Baskets & Five Minute Lunches (no cooking) - $30 Off
Terra's Kitchen Meal Kits, Smoothies & Prepared Salads, Soup, Drinks & Snacks - $40 Off

I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin'Networked Blogs and Facebook. Be a pal and share this post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:
 

Have a PEACEful Day!



No comments