Play! by Sephora Subscription Box Review - August 2018



Back to Beauty School


This is a review of a monthly cosmetic subscription box from Sephora called Play. This month the retail value of my box is $42.93. My box number is 361, they send out several different boxes each month based on one's profile. Included in my August box were the following products:
  1. Amika - Velveteen Dream shampoo & conditioner, .6 fl. oz., made in the USA, $1.20 retail value
  2. Ciate - Glow to Highlighter in Moondust, .052 oz., made in Italy, $9.78 retail value
  3. Laneige - Water Sleeping Mask, made in Korea, .3 fl. oz., $3.26 retail value
  4. Nars - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, .09 oz., made in the USA, $9.00 retail value
  5. Grande Cosmetics - Hydrating Lip Plumper in clear, .05 oz., made in the USA, $16.07 retail value
  6. Moroccan Oil - Dry Texture Spray, .7 oz, made in the USA, $3.62 retail value
I've received the Laneige Sleeping Mask sample before and I wasn't impressed. I didn't find that it helped hydrate much. Maybe it works for those that don't have dry skin. I've tried the Moroccan Oil Dry Texture Spray before also and I've found I like all of their products though they are quite pricey. I like that it doesn't have parabens and it holds well without stiffness. I don't need a shampoo that tames frizz and I do not like foil packet samples, so I'm not happy with the Amika samples. I'll give it a try tonight. I really don't like trying new shampoos since I have a very sensitive skin, especially on my head. I like that it is free of sulfates and parabens. The Ciate highlighter is a bit too obvious for my taste. It does have a nice creaminess to it, but then that makes it harder to blend. They seriously need to improve their sample packaging, so cheap looking! I would have preferred that they sent the Grande Cosmetics lip plumper in a color rather than clear. It's supposed to be applied twice a day for thirty days to see a 15% increase in lip volume. To me, that's too much trouble, time and expense for only a 15% increase. Plus, it has a stinging sensation that I do not care for at all. I find it really irritating! Thankfully, it goes away after about ten minutes. For me, Bare Minerals lip gloss plumps enough and it works instantly. It also makes your lips smooth as glass. I like that Nars Eyeshadow Base is clear so it doesn't change the color of the eyeshadow. To me, that makes much more sense. I'm going to give this one a try soon though it's a step I usually skip to save time or I simply forget to use. I've yet to find an eyeshadow base that makes much of a difference. Which brand works for you?

This box isn't my favorite since I've already tried two of the six products prior to its arrival. I won't be using the lip plumper nor the highlighter since I'm not pleased with them. If you received a box this month, were you pleased with your samples?

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates - 5% cash back for online Sephora purchases! 

Check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to see what I have received in my previous twenty-five boxes. Also, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. Don't forget to follow this blog via Facebook, so you don't miss any of my future posts.

Please do me a favor and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here:

Please like & follow my blog's Facebook page
&
Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments