Play! by Sephora Subscription Box Review - July 2018


The Good Stuff - July 2018


This is a review of a monthly cosmetic subscription box called Play! by Sephora. It costs only $10 per month including shipping. The retail value of this box is $49.19. Included in July's box were the following products:
  1. Tarte - Amazonian Clay Twelve Hour Blush in the color Paaarty, made in China, .05 oz., $7.25 retail value
  2. Rahua - Freestyle Texturizer, made in the USA, 5 ml, $1.61 retail value
  3. Youth To The People - Age Prevention Superfood Cream, made in the USA, .5 oz., $12.00 retail value
  4. Algenist - Genius Liquid Collagen, made in France, .13 fl.oz., $14.95 retail value
  5. Fresh - Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment in Dream, made in France, .07 oz., $12.13 retail value
  6. Tarte - Deep Dive Cleansing Gel Rainforest of the Sea, made in the USA, .25 fl. oz., $1.25 retail value
This month's products are all free of parabens, phthalates, and sulfates which makes me very happy. I've received samples of Tarte's blush before and I have purchased the full sized version. I'm not a big fan because it goes on really heavy, so you have to just tap the brush on the blush ever so lightly so that you don't land up looking like a clown. It does last a long time though, but I still prefer a blush that I don't have to be so careful applying. I find if I use too much I have to use a makeup remover cloth because it won't rub off on to a tissue. The color Paaarty is a very pretty dusty rose color which is perfect for summer. I've never heard of the Rahua and Youth to the People brands before, have you? I feel the same about foil samples and most people do, not a fan. The Rahua texturizer has a cream consistency and an odd scent. It contains carnauba wax, I thought wax was bad for your hair since it builds up and it's hard to wash off. Not a fan of it, it's supposed to add volume and I didn't notice much of a difference. It's hard to determine with just a sample if a moisturizer is really making a difference, but since this one is a generous half of an ounce, I should know when I reach the bottom of the glass jar if it makes a difference. The Youth To The People cream takes a just a tiny amount. I can feel it sinking in very quickly and it doesn't leave any stickiness yet it feels moisturized. It leaves a very smooth finish which I really appreciate. It feels good and it doesn't appear to have any scent. It's oddly made with kale, spinach and green tea though it only has a slight tint of green color. I love the Algenist brand of skincare, I've always found it to be a winner. This one has little microalgae oil beads that burst with the slightest of pressure. It's a wee bit sticky, so following with a moisturizing would help. It appears to have a bit of a fragrance. The Fresh lip treatment has the consistency of a mix between a wax and a gloss which left my lips very soft and moisturized. I like the feel of this one. It has a slight sheen, but not glossy and it adds a slight pink tint to the lips. The Tarte cleanser goes on as a gel and turns into a cream, but doesn't foam. It leaves the skin very moisturized which I love, but I don't like the plastic scent.

This is an exciting month of samples, so much so that it's really hard for me to pick a favorite. It's easy to pick my least favorite and that is the foil packet of Rahua Freestyle Texturizer. I'll be enjoying all of the samples except that one.  What's your favorite product this month? If you haven't tried sampling this subscription box yet, what's keeping you from giving it a try?

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates - 5% cash back for online Sephora purchases! 

Check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to see what I have received in my previous twenty-five boxes. Also, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. Don't forget to follow this blog via Facebook, so you don't miss any of my future posts.

Please do me a favor and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here:

Please like & follow my blog's Facebook page
&
Have a PEACEful Day!



No comments