Play! by Sephora Subscription Box Review - June 2016


The Minimalists


This is a review of a fairly new cosmetics subscription box from Sephora for only $10 a month including shipping. This is my 2nd box so far and the retail value of this box is $27.81 which is pretty good. Last month's box value was higher. I really enjoyed the last one and this one was fun too. Included in the June box were the following products:
  1. Tocca Beauty - Florence Fragrance, .05 fl. oz., $1.99 retail value 
  2. BareMinerals - bareSkin Bronzer, .10 fl. oz., $2.80 value
  3. Benefit Cosmetics - They're Real! Mascara, .1 oz., $8.00 value
  4. Becca - Backlight Priming Filter Primer, .20 fl. oz., $7.60 value
  5. Bumble & Bumble - Don't Blow It Hair Styler, .5 fl. oz., $3.10 value
  6. Tarte - Tarteguard 30, .23 fl. oz., $4.32 value
I love the BareMinerals line of cosmetics, so I quickly gave their new liquid bronzer a try. Bronzers usually make my skin look dirty so I avoid them, but this one since it's a liquid and sheer it worked well on my fair skin. It goes on like a tinted serum and it's to apply. I've received a sample of the They're Real Mascara before and I like it, but it's not my favorite. I was also anxious to give Becca's primer a try since that's a brand I had never tried before. It made my dry skin look very oily after a few hours, so that was very disappointing. If you have tried it, how'd it work on your skin? I used it under BareMinerals Complexion Rescue liquid and it's matching setting powder. I keep forgetting to try the Bumble & Bumble hair styler, so I'll try to remember to use that tonight. It's perfect for me since I air dry my hair. I haven't had a need to try the Tarte sunscreen yet, so I'm saving that for our next trip to a winery or state park. The Tocca perfume is lovely. It's a fresh floral scent that is very feminine. It features bergamot which I love, violet petals and blonde wood. As shown above, Sephora also included a little cloth bag with a ribbon drawstring closing. This was another enjoyable box from Sephora and I'm anxious to receive my 3rd one later this month. Here's a video explaining this month's products:



Are you a subscriber to this box, still on the waiting list or on the fence about subscribing? Before you go, check out what I received in my May box. Also, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other subscription boxes I've subscribed to over the years. Simply click on the photo of the one that interests you and it will take you to the matching blog post to find out all about it.

Share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking the boxes:



Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments