Llarowe Nail Polish Haul - June 2013




piCture pOlish monroe, Scofflaw Whiskey Tango Foxtrot & piCture pOlish frosting



piCture pOlish monroe, Scofflaw Whiskey Tango Foxtrot & piCture pOlish frosting
(three coats, photo taken in sunlight)


I placed two orders last week and my second order arrived first!  Strangely, the two shipments took different paths to get here.  Llarowe sells Indie polish brands from around the world.  Included in this shipment were the following nail polishes:
  1. piCture pOlish - monroe, from Australia, $15
  2. Scofflaw - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, from the US, $11
  3. piCture pOlish - frosting, from Australia, $15
This is my first purchase of the Picture Polish brand which is made in Australia.  The monroe polish looked red in pictures I had seen, but when applied it was more of a burgundy color.  The first coat showed that there was definitely some purple in it.  The second and third coat made it look like a very pretty purple burgundy with holographic flecks in it.  Indoors it looks like a dark plum, in the sunlight it leans more toward it's red tone.  The holographic pieces reflect mostly purple and red.  Can't wait to wear it!

This is also my first purchase of the Scofflaw brand.  This one is called Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and it  took me a few seconds to realize that was short for WTF.  I really like the name of it, since it uses the phonetic alphabet which immediately makes me think of my childhood where my father would talk to people around the world on his Ham Radio using it.  Which I also used later as a pilot.  This one features red, white, gold and brown glitter in a teal jelly base.  It's really pretty and the glitter in the first two coats look like they are floating.  This one needed shaking upon arrival since the glitter had moved to one part of the bottle.

When I saw a picture of frosting, I just had to have it.  It was created in collaboration with a blogger named Chelle from Cosmetic Cupcake.  This one features silver, magenta and violet glitter in a pink creme base and has large holographic white hearts.  You could get away with two coats, but in the swatch above I used three.  It's really pretty and perfect for a party in the spring or summer.  Imagine having a party with sweets to match, how about pink frosted cupcakes with pink & purple sprinkles and a heart decoration stuck on the top!  You could even give out bottle of the nail polish as a party favor!

Well that's it for this haul, stay tuned for the next one.  Feel free to comment below and let me know which polish you like the most!

Share with friends who love polish via Twitter & Facebook:


Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments