OPI's Hello Kitty Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel Manicure



Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel


OPI just came out with a line of Hello Kitty nail polish. How exciting it is for Hello Kitty fans! There are twelve to chose from and I chose two of them which you can see in my Hello Kitty OPI & Retro Revival Essie Nail Polish post. I was anxious to wear Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel as soon as it arrived from Ulta. It's a really pretty pink glitter polish. It has the same type of glitter reflection as Julep's Etta and L'oreal's Pop the Bubbles. It's hard to describe, but if you saw it in person you would know what I mean. I guess it's like a crumpled foil look or a glitter sticker. You don't see pieces of glitter, just an intense glitter reflection. It looks best in sunlight as shown in the photo above or in artificial light. Indoor light is the least flattering. This polish was a bit tricky to get it close to the cuticles. While pushing it towards the cuticle, it just doesn't want to move since it's a bit on the thick side. It wouldn't really be troublesome for those that aren't taking larger than life photos of their nails, but to a blogger it's frustrating. The results are worth the extra trouble since the polish is so beautifully reflective. I used Perfect Formula's Manicure Booster for my base coat, then two coats of Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel. One Seche Vite top coat is enough unless you want it perfectly smooth, then you would need two top coats. I've been wearing it for five days with no chips so far. The black handle is wrapped in plastic featuring Hello Kitty. I was hoping it would be printed on the handle, but it's not. I highly recommend this polish, it's definitely worth purchasing and it's retail price is $9.50. It's available in most stores that sell OPI. I purchased it from Ulta since I had a coupon. If you fancy it, don't hesitate to purchase it since it's likely to sell out soon. What do you think of the Hello Kitty line of polish? Which ones are you going to purchase?

Update - manicure lasted 8 days before chipping and peeling.

I have over eighty manicures featured on this blog. Take a quick glance at them all on my Pinterest Manicure Board. Then simply click on the ones you want to read about on my blog, since they are linked to the matching blog post. What's your favorite brand of nail polish? 

Bargain Alert $10 off your first Ulta online order

I invite you to follow my blog via InstagramPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin' or Networked BlogsDon't forget to claim your $30 Home Chef couponfree Graze Boxfree Julep nail polish and free air filters before you leave! Also, be sure to browse around my blog since I'm sure you'll find something else that interests you.

Share this blog post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:


Have a PEACEful Day!

No comments