Birchbox - December 2013


Holiday 2013


This is a monthly subscription box from Birchbox for $10 per month.  Included in my December box were the following cosmetics:
  1. Sumbody - Lip Balm in cantaloupe
  2. Twistband - Butterfly Printed Hair Tie
  3. Embryolisse - 24 Hour Miracle Cream
  4. Lulu Organics - Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
  5. Borghese - Brightening Makeup
My favorite lip balm is from EOS in the mint flavor.  I'm loyal to that brand, so I will be selling the lip balm that came in this box.  I love the Twistband brand and I find their hair ties are very good.  Always happy to see one in my box.  The Miracle Cream is very strange, it says it can be used as a primer, moisturizer or a makeup remover.  It should be one or the other, the ingredients in a cleanser should be very different from those in a moisturizer!  Not sure I want to give that one a try.  I just looked at the ingredients and I'm going to pass on that one since I'm not impressed and never heard of this brand before. I don't like the idea of using a dry shampoo. I wash my hair everyday since I exercise five to six days a week, so I'll be selling that.  I'm loyal to the WEN brand of shampoo. I'm looking forward to trying the Borghese makeup.  Not sure if it will work for me, but willing to give it a try.  You can find that brand at Costco. So there you have it, my latest Birchbox. Disappointing box, I was expecting something festive with a holiday theme.  At the very least, the hair tie should have been in Christmas colors or had a Santa or snowman printed on it! If it wasn't for their point system, I would be unsubscribing.  On second thought, I think as soon as I use all my points I will in fact be unsubscribing. I'm tired of receiving small samples that I don't want. Time to take a break from this box again. You can learn more about their point system on a previous post.  If you are a subscriber, are you considering unsubscribing?

Check out what I received in previous Birchboxes:


I invite you to follow my blog via PinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin', or Networked Blogs.  Don't forget to check out my Blog Sale before you leave!  New items are added to the bottom of the list and I just reduced the prices!

Share this blog post with friends via Twitter & Facebook:

  
Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments