Macy's Beauty Box Review - August 2018


Beauty School Recess


This is a review of a monthly cosmetic subscription box from Macy's for $15 including shipping. Each month they send a $5 coupon to be used in stores or online, occasionally they send a $10 coupon instead. The retail value of the August box is $35.02 not including the $5 coupon nor the makeup bag. Included in the August box were the following products:
  1. TonyMoly - Master Lab Hyaluronic Sheet Mask, made in Korea, $4.00 retail value
  2. Origins - Clear Improvement Charcoal Honey Mask, .5 fl. oz., made in the USA, $6.80 retail value
  3. Lancôme - L'absolu Lip Lacquer in #378 Be Unique, 1.5 ml, $4.88 retail value
  4. Urban Decay - All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, made in the USA with US and/or imported ingredients, .5 fl. oz., $4.00 retail value
  5. IT Cosmetics - Confidence in an Eye Cream, made in Korea, .169 fl. oz., $12.84 retail value
  6. Juicy Couture - Oui Eau De Parfum Spray, made in the USA, .05 fl. oz., $2.50 retail value
  7. $5 coupon
I just bought the TonyMoly Hyaluronic Sheet Mask last month when it was on sale and I used my $10 coupon from last month's box! I love TonyMoly's sheet masks because they are affordable compared to some really crazy expensive ones. I recommend keeping them in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it, this way they have even more of a cooling effect. I haven't tried the Master Lab masks yet, but I've tried almost all of the other ones and I have enjoyed them all. I like to use them when trying to fall asleep for a nap or at bedtime. They are the perfect item to use the monthly $5 or $10 off coupons. You can buy a five piece set for $12 and with the coupon, it's only $7 with free shipping. So that's only $1.40 a mask! Each mask usually cost $3 each. They usually send free samples with your order also! I've tried Origins masks before and I've enjoyed them. This one is dark brown with a gold metallic glow. They take a bit of time to rinse off though, that's why I enjoy sheet masks so much, there is no rinsing required. I like the feeling of the Lancôme Lip Lacquer and how long lasting it is, but the color is a bit too bold and bright for my taste. I've been wanting to try IT Cosmetics moisturizers for a while now, so I'm very happy I finally received a sample. This one is tiny though, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to tell over time if it makes a difference since I won't be able to apply it many times. The jar is about 1/3 full and the bottom has a large cutout, so the size of the product is very deceiving. It has a kind of weird smell, so I'm not fond of that. My favorite eye cream is from Tatcha. What's your favorite brand of eye cream? The Urban Decay Setting Spray was leaking upon arrival and it feels very sticky. I haven't given it a try yet since I'm not a big fan of setting sprays. I prefer finishing powders. My favorite is Guerlain Météorities Highling Powder Pearls. I treated myself to it years ago, it lasts a really long time. It has a wonderful light perfume scent that I find calming. The Juicy Couture perfume has top notes of water lemon, acai tea, and pear. It also has notes of jasmine, tuberose, and honeysuckle. The base notes are woods, amber, and musk. It's just ok, nothing special and very pricey coming in at $85! My favorite perfume is Angel by Mugler. The cosmetic bag has a metallic rainbow reflection that is seethrough. It shows every single fingerprint, so I'm not a fan. 

My favorite product this month is the IT Cosmetics Eye Cream and my least favorite product is the Urban Decay Setting Spray. I like only three out of the five products and this is one of the lowest retail values so far. If you received this month's box, what's your favorite product?

Check out my reviews of the previous Macy's Beauty Boxes:

July 2018 $67.18 retail value
June 2018 $44.43 retail value
May 2018 $43.95 retail value
April 2018 $43.24 retail value
December 2017 $63.14 retail value
November 2017 $38.21 retail value
October 2017 $55.97 retail value
September 2017 $31.84 retail value
August 2017 $35.36 retail value

Also, check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to compare it to Macy's Beauty Box and check out my Macy's Beauty Box Pinterest Board. In addition, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. 

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates Cash Back from Macy's

Be a pal and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here:


Follow this blog via Facebook
&
Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments