Play! by Sephora Subscription Box Review - November 2017


Survival of the Chillest


This is a review of the November Play! by Sephora subscription box. It's a monthly subscription for only $10 a month including shipping and handling. There are several different boxes being sent out based on customers' profiles. This one is box #957 and it has a retail value of $58.57. Bargain! In the November box I received the following cosmetic samples:
  1. Moroccan Oil - Moroccanoil Treatment, made in Israel, .34 fl. oz., $6.80 retail value
  2. Origins - Clear Improvement, made in the USA, 1 fl. oz., $10 retail value
  3. Marc Jacobs - Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, made in Italy, .17 oz., $11.33 retail value
  4. Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum, made in France, .33 fl. oz., $16.17 retail value
  5. Burberry - My Burberry Blush eau de Perfum, made in France, .06 fl. oz., $3.37 retail value
  6. Sephora Ultra Shine Lip Gel in Perfect Nude, made in Switzerland, .1 oz, $10.90 retail value
I've used the Moroccanoil Treatment before and I loved it. I received a full size bottle of it in one of my subscription boxes a long time ago. That bottle lasted a very long time and once it was all gone I wanted to buy another bottle, but it's so pricey so I didn't. So I'm very happy to receive a deluxe sample of it. Just a little bit of it goes a long way. I like to use it after my shower on wet shampooed hair and air dry. My hairdresser said it's not healthy for the hair though. It really helps to detangle long hair when brushing throughout it when it's wet. I've also received a sample of Origins Clear Improvement mask before. I really like it, so that's another sample I'm happy to receive and it's a large sample at 1 oz. I look forward to trying the Marc Jaobs Mascara. I'm always happy to receive a sample from the Caudalie brand. I'm never been disappointed by any of the Caudalie samples I've received over the years. I've never tried any Burberry products before, so I'm happy to receive this sample also. This perfume has a floral scent with top notes of pomegranate and lemon. It has middle notes of geranium, apple and rose petal. It's base notes are jasmine and wisteria. I mostly smell the apple, followed by lemon and a mix of flowers. It's a refreshing scent that I like, but not enough to purchase at $90 a bottle. The last item in the box is the Lip Gel made by the Sephora brand. I usually find quality products from Sephora. This lip gel is glossy yet not sticky, but it doesn't change my lip color much. It's not opaque and it's very nude. I'd prefer a color that is different from my own lip color, this is too similar. 

My favorite item in this box is the Moroccanoil. If you received a box from Sephora this month, which item was your favorite? If not, which subscription box is your favorite?

Bargain Alert:

Mr. Rebates - 4% cash back for online Sephora purchases! 

Check out my Play! by Sephora Pinterest Board to see what I have received in my previous boxes. Also, check out my Subscription Box Pinterest Board to see what other boxes I've subscribed to over the years. 

Be a pal and share this blog post with friends by clicking on the Google red box (G+1) at the very top of this page or via Twitter and Facebook by clicking their boxes here:

Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments